[Pictures] Making Applied Energistics Work With an Induction Smelter.

Here is the set up:

mElWcKD.jpg

Here is the inventories of both the items:

z3WzdMj.png

The second input (purple) should be importing Lead Ingots. However, the system is only importing the pulverized obsidian. Is there a way to have it import both into the induction smelter? The only way I could potentially see it working is having two ME interfaces (one on top, and one on the side) with two identical recipe patterns. Do I need that much? Or can it be set up much simpler?

Make both inputs the same color.

that would create an unreliable hit and miss scenario, if the two inputs were the same color from the ME interface you would end up with both inputs filling with either Lead ingots or pulverized obsidian in both slots, it is extremely rare that that approach would work, if it does (i tried it)

a much simpler way to export the items is using Export buses

one export bus on one side configured for lead ingots and the other one configered for pulverized iron

the me interface approach is only used when you request the hardened glass be made through your terminal, in which case you would need a second ME interface

but if your not using the ME interface to request your items, you can configure your buses to work with a redstone signal, either way you can still make it so that you no longer need to visit the induction smelter to do what is needed

that would create an unreliable hit and miss scenario, if the two inputs were the same color from the ME interface you would end up with both inputs filling with either Lead ingots or pulverized obsidian in both slots, it is extremely rare that that approach would work, if it does (i tried it)

a much simpler way to export the items is using Export buses

one export bus on one side configured for lead ingots and the other one configered for pulverized iron

the me interface approach is only used when you request the hardened glass be made through your terminal, in which case you would need a second ME interface

but if your not using the ME interface to request your items, you can configure your buses to work with a redstone signal, either way you can still make it so that you no longer need to visit the induction smelter to do what is needed

As far as I can figure, the only reason it would put, say, pulverized obsidian into both slots is if the first is full of it. It shouldn't randomly choose an input slot to fill, but I could very well be wrong.

My apologies Ordeth you were right, if you set the two inputs to the same color it will work, i just tested out a similar scenario on my sp world using 1 sand and 2 silver dust, and yes using an ME interface on top of my Induction furnace

edit: by the way, ME interfaces will ONLY work if placed on top, it will not work from the side, i just tested it, so if you run out of recipe slots, then you will need to hook up another induction furnace and ME interface to your network, there is no other way around this

My apologies Ordeth you were right, if you set the two inputs to the same color it will work, i just tested out a similar scenario on my sp world using 1 sand and 2 silver dust, and yes using an ME interface on top of my Induction furnace

Thanks for actually testing that out and confirming it. I wasn't 100% sure as I haven't actually played with Applied Energistics.