Tekkit Classic Reboot [1.5.2]

Nicedude80

I was wondering if there would be any interest in having Tekkit classic (1.2.5) updated to (1.5.2)?

I know how to make the server version have bukkit too. So it will be identical to Tekkit (The old one) except it will be updated to 1.5.2 and it will still have bukkit! I just wanted to know if this would be popular or if it is already being done. It will be called Reboot. I hope you like the idea, but I want to get some input on it before I start.

The problem is Tekkit Classic is realistically dead in the water even if you were to update it to current mods. Redpower isn't updated as far as I can recall and IC2 is officially dead in the water. EE2 has been replaced by EE3 and Railcraft has its mod author doing odd things. What is dead should stay dead.

Tekkit Classic is only 1.2.5 for a reason. The new Forge/Bukkit ports are temperamental and quite a few of the mods either haven't updated or have been replaced. The closest the Technic team could get was Tekkit Lite, and that was for Minecraft 1.4.7. Now, even more of the mods are lagging behind.

The developer, Azanor, disappeared. It's gone up a couple of Minecraft versions because RichardG and Player (I think) updated the version, however no new content is coming and nobody's really sure if even the Minecraft versions will carry on updating for it much longer. The last official (also the last stable) release was more than 6 months ago now.

The developer, Albalka, disappeared. It's gone up a couple of Minecraft versions because RichardG and Player (I think) updated the version, however no new content is coming and nobody's really sure if even the Minecraft versions will carry on updating for it much longer. The last official (also the last stable) release was more than 6 months ago now.

FTFY

They both start with an A D:

Someone should sue the other for violating a copyright on they first letter of their nickname! It would make things less confusing...