AE and the Induction Smelter

Magicthize

I've been having an occasional issue with AE and the Induction Smelter. I have it parked beside an Interface with some appropriate processing patterns in it. Most of the time it works fine but when requesting more than a stack of 64 can often cause problems. Say, for example, I've just requested an order of 1000 iron ingots (made with iron ore and sand) AE fills both inputs with stacks of sand. Upon removing one of the stacks it'll refill again. The system has queued up enough sand to fulfill the order but the ore doesn't appear until that queue of sand has been manually cleared.

It doesn't always happen but it's an annoyance I'd like to get resolved if at all possible.

What you could do is provide an alternate input for sand - i.e. set up an autonomous extruder -> pulverizer chain that serves ONLY the purpose of providing sand for the smelters. Now, if you need to use the smelter for recipes which don't need sand (like hardened glass, electrum, invar and whatnot), you will have to create another one - but it's a small price to pay for the fact that your system will start working flawlessly from this point on.

I'm already running 3 Induction Smelters, 4 Pulverizers, 2 Furnaces and a Sawmill so a little bit of extra configuration is probably all I need. I suppose all really need is to add an export bus to pump in sand to an unused side of the Smelter and just alter the current patterns from, for example, 1 sand + 1 iron ore = 2 iron ingots to 1 iron ore = 2 iron ingots. The system then doesn't really see any difference as the import/export maths works out the same. I think I had already set the lesser used patterns i.e. Hardened Glass, electrum, etc to their own Smelter anyway.

Excellent, I'll try that when i get home. Thanks!