Smeltery not lighting

Kraga

Recently on me and my friends server we had made some tconstruct furnaces, now after a little bit we tried adding another one but it wouldn't light, so we broke one and replaced it, none of the smeltery's will light now, anyone know a fix?

My guess is simply that you aren't building it correctly. Make sure you are using only seared brick or seared glass/windows and that no basalt bricks got mixed in there by accident.

You need the controller, the lava tank, and some drains.

Need a 3x3 base and around that you need your seared bricks, drains, control unit, and lava tank.

Mine looks something like this (though it is 2 levels high)

C=control unit

L=lava tank

G=seared glass

D=drain

X= seared brick

x=seared brick level with floor

.C L X

X xxx D

G xxx G

X xxx D

.X G X

Ive seen a case like this as well in the case of someone who has installed Railcraft.. It looks like there was recently a new block type installed for systems running a updated version of Railcraft "Hidden Block".. And Originally on one of my custom builds i had a case where the Smeltery Refused to fire up.. The solution is to go into the railcraft config file.. and change "Hidden Block" to "0". Then after i restarted that fired up without a problem.. However..your most likely culprit is either its not built properly or something like railcraft is conflicted with it. (Note.. on the Railcraft Fix.. I claim no responsibility of anything that comes of altering that file.. Its something I had googled and found on the Tinkerers construct Mod Forum that resolved the issue for me.. Milage may very)

We have built 5 smeltery before and we even took away the control from one then replaced it and then it wont light, we know how to build them, they light in our singleplayers but not in the server for some reason now.

Ive seen a case like this as well in the case of someone who has installed Railcraft.. It looks like there was recently a new block type installed for systems running a updated version of Railcraft "Hidden Block".. And Originally on one of my custom builds i had a case where the Smeltery Refused to fire up.. The solution is to go into the railcraft config file.. and change "Hidden Block" to "0". Then after i restarted that fired up without a problem.. However..your most likely culprit is either its not built properly or something like railcraft is conflicted with it. (Note.. on the Railcraft Fix.. I claim no responsibility of anything that comes of altering that file.. Its something I had googled and found on the Tinkerers construct Mod Forum that resolved the issue for me.. Milage may very)

I dont believe the server has railcraft, ill have to ask my friend to check the config.

A vine hanging in the Smeltery will prevent it from working. Extra blocks on the outside prevent Coke Furnaces from working. You could fill it with dirt and dig it out, to replace invisible blocks. Wrath Lamps and Greg's Lights place invisible light blocks. I think you can block these respawning light blocks with glass.