Is there any appropriate place to discuss the Tekkit Dev Builds?

KiwiUSA

I see a number of threads mentioning 1.1.0 and after downloading the constantly changing build, all is I can say is WOW.

So many great mods and mod authors seemingly working together.

I was wondering if there was a better place to discuss this evolving build rather than in the production (recommended) forum?

BTW. Texture pack authors who have been trying to keep up with PowerCrystals prolific output are going to have a meltdown... :)

Was wondering the same thing. Might be useful to the dev team if they had a place to gather input from their builds on, in a more organized fashion. I know 1.1.0 has seen several versions, it's hard to say which version of 1.1.0 you are running. :/

Well my version has mekanism MFFS and atomik energy, all of which except MFFS I have added to my stuff. Mek adds some wierd side processes to stuff that I feel TE does fine, its not clearly labeled sides of machines is dumb(spoiled by TE) and it's refusal to auto empty to an adjacent inventory is interesting. but that said smelting factories are the SHIZNIT. Also so are fusion reactors, they produce so much power, will have to build some crazy MFFS systems to use it all.

Just realized, I meant to post here "me too" as I would love to discuss some issues and see what others are doing in these builds without 1) upsetting the people who can't be bothered to notice the devbuild warnings and lose things 2) getting helenkellered by upsetting mods, (may they forever be benevolent to us ungrateful sinners.)

Hey guys, there's now a thread to discuss 1.1.1: http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/lets-test-tekkit-1-1-1.46753/

As a general rule, un-marked builds (builds that are neither marked Recommended nor Latest) should not be used. Latest represents a build that is ready for testing, which is where 1.1.1 is right now. So as a general rule I'd prefer if un-labeled builds weren't really discussed since they're VERY volatile, don't represent any particular state of completion, and probably won't even run. They will almost certainly wreck your maps, or even be incompatible with the build that actually ends up getting marked Latest.

Case in point, I ended up pulling Mek out at the last moment. Sorry, but there were a couple features aidancbrady promised me that I want in before I roll out mekanism in tekkit. It'll happen soon, though! I hope you enjoy MFFS and Atomic Science, as well the other additions: Open Peripheral, Simple Power Storage, Logistics Pipes, Project Bench, and the big new versions of MFR, MPS, Computer Craft, and others.

Guh, more new content for the wiki!

/me rolls up his sleeves

Time to get started, then. :D

Side note: The new version of MFR owns me, Laser Drill + Block Smasher FTW. Almost feels like cheating.