Fission Reactor + 3x3 Turbine (1 large one) No Power Gain

daeos

I have setup a "working on older version of atomic science" fission reactor. The thermometer has readings going into 1500C but the Turbine never turns. Is there a known issue when using Universal cable and Redstone Conduit for the power lines? I have a setup as such: turbine > 2 Universal Cable > stretch of redstone conduit > 2 Universal Cable > Redstone Energy Cell. I've even removed the 2 UCs to the REC and still, no power. REC was at 30% charge.

I'm guessing you have your turbines too far above the water. You can have only one block of water now so decrease the height of your reactor by one row. So basically you need one level where your reactor sits surrounded by boiling water and the NEXT LAYER UP should be your turbines. The turbines should spin even if there are no cables connected so I don't think its entirely your cable setup. However can the redstone conduit transmit UE power? I thought they were just for MJ. Also try replacing with all universal cable and see if that makes it better. Hopefully that helps.

The redstone conduit transfers everything except EU/t. Very handy, but some of the UE machines will not accept input from it. So you will have to convert it with a Basic battery.

Also, make sure the conduit is configured properly. The two types of cables do not connect to each other.

I forgot to mention that I had already tried an Ultimate Energy Cube between the turbine and a UC > RECondit which also did not work. I'm going to try different configs, but if you have a working design please let me know.