I think I'm doing it wrong.. magmatic Engines

Jvr

I can't seem to get the magmatic engine to work.. (current 1.0.6 tekkit w/mcpc+ essentials and a couple other things)

so I set up a machine (pulverize) put a magmatic engine to it's right.. to the top is pointing at it..

then with a bucket of Lava I right click it.. and nothing happens..

but here is something interesting.. if I make a hole in the ground, and right click it with my lava bucket.. the lava appears (in the hole) then vanishes.. if I rclick again the laval re-appears in the bucket...

so it this a "feature"? or am I just not doing something right..

-Not signing it.. ;-)

I have tried it w/ and w/o a RS Torch.. no difference.. Video's I have seen show that you can set it up like described.. and once you rclick with the lava bucket it runs..

BTW I did get the steam engine running.. but could not heat it with a bucket of lava.. needed to use coal..

makes me wonder if I have a lava bucket bug.. I just wana make sure it's not end lUser error first..

By default all TE machinery is at Low signal setting, so that's not it. Also, lava should go directly into the magmatic just from a right-click with a lava bucket.

Something tells me this is on a multiplayer server, since various plugins can play fun with lava in general (as it's a common griefer tool.)

By default all TE machinery is at Low signal setting, so that's not it. Also, lava should go directly into the magmatic just from a right-click with a lava bucket.

Something tells me this is on a multiplayer server, since various plugins can play fun with lava in general (as it's a common griefer tool.)

yes it is a multiplayer server.. let me get you my list of Mods/plugins as you may be right..

here are the plugin's added after I got mcpc+ installed..

- Citizens 2.0.7-SNAPSHOT (build 742)

- GroupManager 2.0 (2.9.2) (Phoenix)

- WorldEdit 5.4.5

- iConomy 5.01

- Questioner 0.6

- Permissions 3.1.6

- Essentials 2.9.2

- EssentialsXMPP 2.9.2

- EssentialsChat 2.9.2

- EssentialsProtect 2.9.2

- EssentialsSpawn 2.9.2

- EssentialsGeoIP 2.9.2

I am not wedded to any of these.. so if there is an alternative set that is easier.. I'm game..

if you want my mod list I'll post that also..

I am a beginner at Tekkit. I have never had any prior experience with the mod, and am just fumbling through it.

To get my lava working, I set up 3 aquaeous accumulators, and 3 steam engines. I made the pools, placed the AAs in them, and topped the AAs with the steam engines. I topped the steam engines with the wooden conductive pipe, and then plumbed them all into gold conductive pipe and had all 3 gens feed into one magma crucible. The I filled the crucible with netherrack, and then had a wood waterproof pipe going to gold waterproof pipes that lead to my magma engine.

The crucible takes forever to fully power, so in the mean time I ran my production line by dumping the lava, via bucket, directly into the magmatic engine.

I only highlight this like I did, so that you can check to make sure you are wired correctly. I *REALLY* doubt that my way is the most efficient way of doing it, but I couldnt find a 1.5.1 tutorial that gave me a good play by play of how to set this up efficiently. All of the vids I have seen are either old, FTB, or skip over the basics because they assume you have a fundamental knowledge of how tekkit works. If its no help, I am sorry!

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/essentials-lava-tnt-permission.58389/

Lethosos you Da man.. I think this is my problem.. I look forward to testing it out..

Trav thanks for the input..