Update fail.

Jobius

Question

Hello everyone,

I know this update fail thingy is a common problem.

and i did read all the topics about i can find.

but none of the solutions worked for me.

i have my AVG off (completely off)

and i run the laucher as admin.

but still i can't get it to work.

this is my error message:

http://pastebin.com/NRqsphpX

I hope u guys can help me with it.

Grz Jobius MOD EDIT: Don't do that.

18 answers to this question

Jay? is it possible that the new MC release has somehow broken it because mine was working fine until I tried to redo it today (Avira AntiVir, all defences turned off, 64-bit Windows7) and 2 of my friends who have tried installing in the last hour or so have hit the same 'Update Failed' problem. The loading bar does indeed contain a path including the words "deprecated ticket".

Jay? is it possible that the new MC release has somehow broken it because mine was working fine until I tried to redo it today (Avira AntiVir, all defences turned off, 64-bit Windows7) and 2 of my friends who have tried installing in the last hour or so have hit the same 'Update Failed' problem. The loading bar does indeed contain a path including the words "deprecated ticket".

It is technically possible. Minecraft updates have caused problems before, but i thought Agelian had that fixed

I unfortunately suspect that may be the case. I am relatively competent with my computer and so is one of my mate's having the same issue. Thats 3 of us in two completely different network locations having the exact same issue. Also seems others here are having it although I really don't see any of them giving a very good account of the issue...

I unfortunately suspect that may be the case. I am relatively competent with my computer and so is one of my mate's having the same issue. Thats 3 of us in two completely different network locations having the exact same issue. Also seems others here are having it although I really don't see any of them giving a very good account of the issue...

It's true, there is a lot of this issue going on, but there's always "update failed" issues going on, because of the java 6 problem that noone ever seems to fix on their own.

The issue is with the new Minecraft 1.2.5. The launcher doesn't recognize the new MD5 associated with it.

[13:13:02] [sEVERE]	Starting download of minecraft, with 3 trie(s) remaining

[13:13:15] [sEVERE]	Downloaded 'minecraft.jar' does not matche MD5 of any known minecraft version!

The fix is to just wait for the technic team to update the launcher with a patch for 1.2.5. I'm sure they will post it on the technic website front page.

fully updated Java (just reinstalled it today),

Jeezus, guys, stop doing that.

"updated" "recently reinstalled" "most recent" are relative terms, that may or may not be correct. Always provide BUILD NUMBERS, because those are what people need in order to diagnose your problems.

i have also had the deprecated issue i made a topic on it so if you guys will help solve the problem plz do

The minecraft.yml doesn't have a valid checksum for the 1.2.5 minecraft version.

I tried to edit it to fake the md5sum for 1.2.4 but it appears to download that file directly from technic web servers every time you launch it, so it gets overwritten.

Hopefully it's as simple as one of the devs getting that file updated...