Mods missing..?

FedoraTime

Whenever I try to make a Tekkit server (The new tekkit) it always comes up with errors saying that certain mods are missing.

In all, there are about 20 mods missing whenever I try and launch the server. Including Thuamcraft, and a bunch of other not necessary, but more entertaining mods.

Why is this? I download the server file right off the website, and it's really not worth my time to go to all 20 of the mod websites, and download them, and add them.

Does anyone have a solution, or another download option?

Thanks!

I'll assume you're using the new launcher and tekkit 1.0.6 AND server for version 1.0.6 (if one of those is not right or you're not using recommended builds, there's your error chief)

So are you saying you download tekkit_server_v1.0.6 from the site, unzip it, and click launch.bat and THAT gives you an error ?

OR when you try to log in after starting the server you get the error ?

I'll assume you're using the new launcher and tekkit 1.0.6 AND server for version 1.0.6 (if one of those is not right or you're not using recommended builds, there's your error chief)

So are you saying you download tekkit_server_v1.0.6 from the site, unzip it, and click launch.bat and THAT gives you an error ?

OR when you try to log in after starting the server you get the error ?

PS: sorry for double post, slow connection atm

Whenever I try to make a Tekkit server (The new tekkit) it always comes up with errors saying that certain mods are missing.

In all, there are about 20 mods missing whenever I try and launch the server. Including Thuamcraft, and a bunch of other not necessary, but more entertaining mods.

Why is this? I download the server file right off the website, and it's really not worth my time to go to all 20 of the mod websites, and download them, and add them.

Does anyone have a solution, or another download option?

Thanks!

Thaumcraft is not included in this version of Tekkit. Which mods are you missing, exactly? IndustrialCraft and RedPower aren't included either.

Yes, I have Tekkit 1.0.6, and I downloaded the 1.0.6 server. When I open the launch.bat, it gives me errors, saying it can not find certain mods. In all, there are about 20 missing. I look in the mods and coremods files, and indeed, those mods are not there...

Currently it is telling me XY Craft is missing, Twilight Forest mod, Magical Crops, and Soulshards are missing. There are about 15 others though. And everyone is saying Thaumcraft IS included...

Everyone? They're wrong. None of these other mods you are listing are included either.

http://www.technicpack.net/tekkit#mod-list

Not sure what your issue's root cause is. When in doubt, nuke and pave. Start over clean, then import data as needed.

Hang on.... I think I've seen that before. Does it say something along the lines of 'Mod not found: XYcraft (For example) MFR compatibility not loading'? In that case its just a warning, and you can play normally.

Or did you mean you manually added mods to your server and the client won't join? In that case you will need to install the extra mods to both server and client. No ways around it.

I'm not sure what the OP meant.

Edit: I'm also not sure if MFR even has compatibility for some of those mods.

Oh, he's one of those people. Look, if you don't understand log files, don't read them. It's only going to confuse you. I suspect you might be right dwwojcik (even though trying to pronounce your handle is making my brain hurt), he's probably noticing all the messages from all the mods starting up that are looking for other mods to hook into. For instance, Logistics Pipes has all kinds of nifty bee sorting tubes (or so I'm told), but without the mod that contains those bees they won't work and won't load.

It's probably safe to say, just ignore the logs unless you are troubleshooting an issue. Does the server start? Can others join it, using the client provided at technicpack.net and by selecting the Tekkit modpack? If so, you're golden. If you have problems, well, go submit a bug report and include your logs.

I suspect you might be right dwwojcik (even though trying to pronounce your handle is making my brain hurt)...

Uhh... Sorry. Don't even try to pronounce it. It's my first and middle initials and my last name. I started using it when I was 8 or something. It kinda grew on me, and when I bought Minecraft I didn't want to waste time thinking of a more original name. XD

To be honest if you told me you mashed a keyboard and the result was your handle I would have accepted it. :D

XD

Like my avatar?

Anyway, uhh.... back on topic. Yup. Looks like it must have been those pesky MFR compatibility thingies.

Oh my, minecraft's biggest problem at the moment is that every idiot with a computer wanna host a server, but they have no understanding of server mechanics, log parsing og resource utilization. Really folks 14-18y.o. meant to be Game Server Providers. go rent a preconfigured 4 slot thing for you and your buddy.

[/rant]

Oh my, minecraft's biggest problem at the moment is that every idiot with a computer wanna host a server, but they have no understanding of server mechanics, log parsing og resource utilization. Really folks 14-18y.o. meant to be Game Server Providers. go rent a preconfigured 4 slot thing for you and your buddy.

[/rant]

9-18*