Tekkit 1.1.5 Items that should be banned?

UXRO

Hey. Sorry if i post this in wrong section. I hope i didn't. Well any way.

I finally set up my Tekkit 1.1.5 it took me 2 days to make it work and to install all plugins. So now i finally got it work. But i am new on Tekkit 1.5.2 so idk what items should be banned.

So can some one give me list of items that should be banned?

I got few items:

Training dummy: 5047 (bypass protected areas can be still placed)

Cannon 5042 (can break blocks in protected areas)

5857*

8884:2 (bypass protected areas can be still placed)

8884:1 (bypass protected areas can be still placed)

8884 (bypass protected areas can be still placed)

764 computer (server crash)

764:16384 computer (server crash)

761* (bypass protected areas)

762 (bypass protected areas)

8807:49

Most of this items can bypass or are op... Or banned on other servers with reason.

But i am sure that this are not all. So i need is items that can bypass worldguard, and factions safezones. So items that are oped, do damage in protected areas or that can dupe.

Thanks.

My server has Mystcraft Age creation banned, or in other words, Descriptive Books. We also banned Powersuits, as it seems way to OP to me and can be obtained very quickly. On top of that, we also banned Steve's Carts because it crashed the server and I had to MCEdit the cart out else the server wouldn't start. Other than that, I allow everything else. We have a close, small community and I like to allow my players to do what they like. If you don't want them using TNT to grief, try out the GriefPrevention plugin. I believe it disables TNT above sea level.

My server has Mystcraft Age creation banned, or in other words, Descriptive Books. We also banned Powersuits, as it seems way to OP to me and can be obtained very quickly. On top of that, we also banned Steve's Carts because it crashed the server and I had to MCEdit the cart out else the server wouldn't start. Other than that, I allow everything else. We have a close, small community and I like to allow my players to do what they like. If you don't want them using TNT to grief, try out the GriefPrevention plugin. I believe it disables TNT above sea level.

Thank you for telling me items that should be banned. Um what is MCEdit for? Well i am only worried about that they will bypass some protected areas. Like my spawn is protected 3 times. World Guard, Tekkit spawn protection and faction safezone. And yeah i have about 20 plugins running in my server to keep server safe, and they protect from Explosions,fire,etc....

Does your server use lot ram? I mean we host on vanquish vps and have 3gb ram and it use 1500mb just to run tekkit. same by you?

And do you have that bug when you press middle mouse to copy block it don't copy it?

Sorry for asking so much i just open my tekkit 1.5.2 and like to know few things so people won't ruin my server in few min XD.

MCEdit is a external 3rd party program for editing maps. My server generally uses 2 gigs when we have 10 players online. Depends what we are doing.

The middle-click bug is a bug from Galacticraft. He changed the inventory, and as a result, changed the slots. When you middle-click in creative it gets confused, and places the block in the correct slot, but the correct slot is actually a few slots down. Basically, it's out of our hands until he fixes it.

The plugins we use for protection are WorldGuard, GriefPrevention, LWC, and CoreProtect. Depending on how many players, how you accept them, how you deal with them, etc, will determine what you need to ban. CoreProtect is a amazing block logging plugin, and is so easy to rollback with. I suggest getting it if you don't have it already.

MCEdit is a external 3rd party program for editing maps. My server generally uses 2 gigs when we have 10 players online. Depends what we are doing.

The middle-click bug is a bug from Galacticraft. He changed the inventory, and as a result, changed the slots. When you middle-click in creative it gets confused, and places the block in the correct slot, but the correct slot is actually a few slots down. Basically, it's out of our hands until he fixes it.

The plugins we use for protection are WorldGuard, GriefPrevention, LWC, and CoreProtect. Depending on how many players, how you accept them, how you deal with them, etc, will determine what you need to ban. CoreProtect is a amazing block logging plugin, and is so easy to rollback with. I suggest getting it if you don't have it already.

Oh MCEdit is not auto added in tekkit then. I got coreprotect it's awesome =P

And i will have PVP/GREIFE world and plotme world for people that like to build safe or not.

Thanks for info's.

No problem should send me the IP when everything is setup. I'll come check it out.

Btw you should ban 2 things:

-Training dummy (can be placed in any protected zone)

-Computers (can crash server)

And the armor "ModularPowersuits-0.7.0-534.jar" if i just remove from mods folder is it ok? It will be banned? And what plugin you use to ban items?

The ip is: 108.60.193.139:26225 (it will open 21.6.2013)

• Discord Moderator

As for MMMPS, I recommend just disabling modules in the config. That way, you can later easily pick and choose what you want to enable since disabling MMMPS completely is like throwing the baby out with the bathwater. You can tune nearly every aspect of the suit. Don't want super fast flight? Slow it down. Want lava to kill you quick? Easy peasy. Want the autofeeder to consume food like John Candy on the day after fat camp? Go for it.

To ban items I remove the recipes or disable components through the config files as plowmanplow suggested. I keep Computercraft unbanned because it is a large part of our server, and we use it for everything. It has never crashed us. Most of us know Lua and what not to do with it as well. I don't suggest removing the .jar as that is the least effective way of doing it, as the players will crash I believe if they try making something from it. The Training dummy isn't that big of a deal, since no one uses it and we always have a staff member online at all times to stop griefers.

Also, you are opening the server on my birthday =D

To ban items I remove the recipes or disable components through the config files as plowmanplow suggested. I keep Computercraft unbanned because it is a large part of our server, and we use it for everything. It has never crashed us. Most of us know Lua and what not to do with it as well. I don't suggest removing the .jar as that is the least effective way of doing it, as the players will crash I believe if they try making something from it. The Training dummy isn't that big of a deal, since no one uses it and we always have a staff member online at all times to stop griefers.

Also, you are opening the server on my birthday =D

Where are the recipes folder?

There isn't one. Use plugins, such as NoItem (only 1.4.7 atm), Tekkit Customizer, and Disablecraft.

Well there is config folder where it can be disabled as i found out but probably will use Tekkit Customizer as i use on old Tekkit Classic server. Thanks any way.