New dungeons, ruins, and towers spawning after exploring and coming back

Turkus

Noticed this earlier. I have a small SMP server set up for me and couple of friends. Right off the bat, we found an abandoned farmhouse and a walker stronghold.

We rebuilt the farm house and started clearing the stonghold. However, later in the day, we went exploring way off in the distance. When we returned home, we discovered that new towers spawned around AND on top of our farmhouse.. literally destroying it.

Is this a bug? Or a feature?

Just wondering. (Having fun with the current setup)

I've found this too. Except, it happened on my base. I had a nice and pretty base all made up, Twilight Portal and Nether portal next to it. Lets just say, I called it home. I went off for some collecting, and came back to find a large half-ass structure had spawned right through my base, literally cutting it in half. Forcing me to to clear out the stupid mobs there to even access my own chests.

This just happened to me... I had been playing a while, then BOOM! My house exploded with a nether portal right on top of it. I just placed a bed down, lets say five minuets before the explosion. So maybe that has something to do with it?

• 1 month later...

I have meteor shields aplenty, yet after going to the nether or the twilight forest and returning my house is destroyed and a new tower spawned right through it? Anyone know what's up with towers spawning like this. All chests and contents are also gone, nothing survived but a small section of the house.