Is a mech suit possible?

Appollo

Isn't suspension of disbelief wonderful?

Haven't stopped some groups, but hey, you can't have your cake and Edith, too. Why do you think we love those old rubber Godzilla movies?

Well after reading all this my head blew up. And So...who wants cake?

At the very least I mean a suit thats small and wearable and not the size of a pacific rim mech lol.

I go for battle tech battle suits

Computers took up an entire room. Now they fit in your pocket.

In order to reach the end goal of a small suit you'll need to start somewhere

Computers took up an entire room. Now they fit in your pocket.

In order to reach the end goal of a small suit you'll need to start somewhere

That is true, but the video I linked earlier shows that we have the technology these days to skip the huge version. It's not perfect, but it works and just needs refinement.

That is true, but the video I linked earlier shows that we have the technology these days to skip the huge version. It's not perfect, but it works and just needs refinement.

I see the end goal as modifications made directly to the human body in order to enhance running speed, strength, etc. I think we should start this process by wiping out stupid people from the gene pool.

Step 1- Remove warning labels from everyday products.

Step 2- Allow natural selection to occur

End Game=Crysis Suits with an infinite battery.

I see the end goal as modifications made directly to the human body in order to enhance running speed, strength, etc. I think we should start this process by wiping out stupid people from the gene pool.

Step 1- Remove warning labels from everyday products.

Step 2- Allow natural selection to occur

As much as I want to agree with your plan, that would probably just destroy a lot of companies with a flood of stupid lawsuits. Any everyday :airquote: product that has a warning label probably won't be lethal enough. We need to find a way of increasing the leathality of stupidity to the point of almost guarenteed death.

As much as I want to agree with your plan, that would probably just destroy a lot of companies with a flood of stupid lawsuits. Any everyday :airquote: product that has a warning label probably won't be lethal enough. We need to find a way of increasing the leathality of stupidity to the point of almost guarenteed death.

"You have won the lottery. Please jump into this mincing machine to receive your payment".

Once this is done, we can use all the resources they wasted on making Crysis suits.

Then, unfortunately, we'll probably have nothing to use them on, but oh well.

"You have won the lottery. Please jump into this mincing machine to receive your payment".

Once this is done, we can use all the resources they wasted on making Crysis suits.

Then, unfortunately, we'll probably have nothing to use them on, but oh well.

The few hundred humans remaining can repopulate the earth.

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps a little off topic.

Why are people thinking that the only use for exoskeletal suits is in combat? Isn't the idea of leaping 20m in the air or being able to lift 400kg with ease, even if you're crippled, enough reason in itself?

From a few hundred? We'd have to have someone who decides who mates with whom, otherwise inbreeding would make the average intelligence even shittier than before.

lol wut

Case. In. Point.

Appollo, it would be fairly prudent for you to go and check the rules for a few seconds. Useless, content-less posts tend to be frowned upon by the moderators.

As for your second post, I agree with you, Kocken. As much as I joke about being Iron Man, the videos I linked to earlier in this thread intrigue me more on the medical and industrial side of things than anything else.

Case. In. Point.

Appollo, it would be fairly prudent for you to go and check the rules for a few seconds. Useless, content-less posts tend to be frowned upon by the moderators.

Wait, does having a meme as your avatar bypass the "no memes" rule?

As for your second post, I agree with you, Kocken. As much as I joke about being Iron Man, the videos I linked to earlier in this thread intrigue me more on the medical and industrial side of things than anything else.

Yeah, most real-life mech suit applications are leaning toward either enhancing strength (like moving rubble) or precision, (remote control surgery bots that auto-correct shaky hands.)

Wait, does having a meme as your avatar bypass the "no memes" rule?

Yeah, most real-life mech suit applications are leaning toward either enhancing strength (like moving rubble) or precision, (remote control surgery bots that auto-correct shaky hands.)

I will not be satisfied until I can leap with such force that I can get into an orbit. And punch through walls.

On that note, would it even be legal to go around in a suit in public, as it could be considered a weapon?

Probably would depend on where you live.

"Human capable of punching through brick walls with ease and leaping 8m in the air, possibly armed with firearms, and with an bulletproof exoskeleton"

Except Texas, where would this not be banned? Perhaps you'd need a different working suit and civilian suit?

I would assume that any work-capable suit (protective and enhanced strength) would be work-site only and need a permit; much like you need a permit to drive a fork-lift, which you would (normally) not be allowed to take home.

Medical suits I would imagine need a prescription, but beyond that they should be okay in daily life. After all, they shouldn't be able to do more than an average human would be able to.

I would assume that any work-capable suit (protective and enhanced strength) would be work-site only and need a permit; much like you need a permit to drive a fork-lift, which you would (normally) not be allowed to take home.

Medical suits I would imagine need a prescription, but beyond that they should be okay in daily life. After all, they shouldn't be able to do more than an average human would be able to.

I wonder how the suits would affect free healthcare, I know plenty of people who would cripple themselves for a chance at a suit. Also, home modding could become a problem, electrical engines are pretty easy to tune.