Can the tower golems NOT shoot fireballs?

yeah the tower golems are a bit silly tbh, they wreck the place while trying to kill you. then you finally kill them and have almost no time to gather treasure before the place starts to crash down. I think they shouldnt shoot stomping and smashing you off the top would be sufficient enough to cuase trouble. I mean its a golem. most fire shooting guys fly or keep distance dont race over to you in a small space and trash everything trying to kill you. This mob needs a rework i agree

It's super frustrating when you take the time to clear the place out super meticulously, then you get to the last chest, kill the Golem, and by the time you kill him, everything is destroyed or he's blowing up the place by the time you get to collect the loot anyway.

Yeah… first Golem I fought I was nowhere near ready. I must had died 20 times running back trying to get my stuff I dropped, and all the while his fireballs were absolutely destroying the tower. Eventually, he blasted his way all the way to the bottom floor, where he proceeded to create a GIANT crater below the tower. He was super aggro, kept shooting at me from hundreds of blocks away, digging a big pit in the process. Even if I wanted to go back up the tower to try to get the chests I missed, Captain Angry Pants would make damn sure that any blocks I laid down to get up would be exploded or on fire.

I hates the Golemses, I do.

Ahhhhhaaahahaha this is why i love this modpack already, shit is sooo fun to figure out ways to deal with, the golems are super easy to deal with once you figured it out, though I haven't tried the nether towers yet the soulsand will make that one a amassive pain but they are really fun btw, depending on how you feel about it you can use magnet mode in NEI and get most of the loot when he blows up the chest, or have a full set of meteorite armor and do the same thing.

Golems are really easy to deal with once you have sufficient armor, and a really good sword. I use a diamond giant sword with sharpness V on it, and it kills the golem pretty easily without him destroying too much. As for the loot, what I do is wear a bit of meteorite armor (For the magnetization) and once the golem stomps on the loot, it all comes flying over to me. The lesson here is: don't go to a battle tower unless your prepared.