Minecon 2013 --Orlando Florida

teh60

Hope there's no "misunderstandings" this time. Dunno what Notch was on about last time, or why he had something against The Yogscast, but I'm guessing it's booze related. Swedes don't handle that too well :P

Finnish humour aside, I heard the cost/funsies ratio was way off last time, hope that they have something better this time.

A couple of things to note: I can tell you easily that there are only three locations that I'm aware of that can hold MineCon easily (if we went by Vegas' numbers.) All three exist in/near the Buena Vista area, where Walt Disney World lies. I'm putting my money at the Orlando International Convention Center on International Drive (aka I-Drive, aka "The Tourist Trap",) as it's freaking HUGE compared to the Mariot World Trade Center and the Gaylord Palms convention areas, the other two contenders with possible space AFAIK.

That should give you ideas on where to check hotel prices ahead of time. Summer prices are somewhat nuts, so be forewarned. (Oh, and it's hot outside, with chances of rain in the evening every so often.)

Hope there's no "misunderstandings" this time. Dunno what Notch was on about last time, or why he had something against The Yogscast, but I'm guessing it's booze related. Swedes don't handle that too well :P

Finnish humour aside, I heard the cost/funsies ratio was way off last time, hope that they have something better this time.

IIRC it was that the yogscast was swearing and that Minecon is meant to be child friendly.