How do you edit item textures

I am making a town with shops on singleplayer and i want to change some textures of items i dont use to coins, notes etc. I know how to change textures on vanilla but i cant find the item textures folder on tekkit lite. Does anyone know how to change them? (using paint.net)

Also be aware that some mods may technically require you to obtain permission if you were to alter their files and redistribute them.

Most Mods are open source or have a very loose license about redistribution. I wouldn't worry about it though. No one will mind you until you start racking up popularity.

I still cant fiind the textures even when i try that search thing. Is there a way to change item textures from vanilla minecraft instead? I go to minecraft.jar but i cant find the textures folder that has the blocks and item textures. When i made a texture pack for vanilla minecraft i went to that folder to change textures but it dosent appear in minecraft.jar in the tekkit lite folder

Btw I use winrar

I believe that it's the original texture setup, so look for terrain.png and items.png. Terrain is in the root directory, and Items in the gui folder.

Im pretty sure Terrain.png is stitched together depending of what texture pack your using. Everything is in Minecraft .jar