Technic won't launch any game

zXBinderXz

Question

Launcher Version: 253

Operating System: Mac OS X Lion

Java Version: jre-7u25

Antivirus Program: I don't run a Antivirus program

Description of Problem:

I recently downloaded this launcher and when I got it and I clicked on Launch on any of the different modpacks all the files downloaded and the minecraft.jar and everything but after it was done downloading there was just a white windowed screen and in front a little loading tab that said FLM or FML and then everything just disappeared. I tried many different things to fix it from completely deleting the file and redownloading the entire thing to redownloading Java but it still does the same thing over and over again, could someone please help me!!

Error Messages:

Error Log:

19 answers to this question

SPREAD THIS AROUND!

The fix is really easy.

1) Create a folder on your desktop and put your TechnicLauncher inside

2) Create a new text edit file and paste this into it

export JAVA_HOME=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6/Home

java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar ~/Desktop/[FILE NAME GOES HERE]/TechnicLauncher.jar

3) Make the file plaintext (Under format)

4) Save the file as TechnicRun.command

5) Open terminal and type

chmod a+x

Do not press enter

4) drag the TechnicRun.command file into the terminal and press return.

5) PLAY AND HAVE FUN!

This solution evaded me for the longest time.

Please please please pass it on to anyone else who is having problems with a mac. It is a hell of a lot easier than trying to downgrade java manually.

Hope this helps!

SPREAD THIS AROUND!

The fix is really easy.

If it is such an easy fix then why has no one from the support team made a post about it? Do they even read these forums? I am beginning to think I should just abandon my Tekkit server and do something else with it.

I'm working on getting it pinned at the head of the bug report forum. This has been an ongoing problem for tons of people and covers not just Technic but also Feed The Beast.

This solution needs to be spread.

Fido, thanks very much for trying to help - very much appreciated. I can confirm that this does work for me though I changed it slightly from the way you explained. In short I guess it's some sort of ram allocation problem with the Launcher?

Yes and no... The main way it fixes it is by makes the launcher run using Java 6 fixing the incompatibility with the Mac version of Java 7.

The ram allocation is basically the same as what the default is and can be changed or removed if you want to. (Untested)

Its not working! When i type the commands into terminal this is what comes up: Harrisons-MacBook-Pro:~ harrisonkyriacou$ chmod a+x/Users/harrisonkyriacou/Desktop/TechnicRun.command

usage:chmod [-fhv] [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-a | +a | =a [# [ n]]] mode|entry file ...

chmod [-fhv] [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-E | -C | -N | -i | -I] file ...

You must be typing it wrong (Do NOT press enter until we say), quit your "Terminal" and open it up again. Once it fully opens type "chmod a+x" then add a space after that (do not type enter), instead drag the file "TechnicRun.command" onto just after the space in "Terminal" and you will see that it adds the file path in for you. Once you do that then press "Enter". You can then double click the file "TechnicRun.command" to start up the Launcher.