New Server Admin here

Alfiey

Hey guys,

I'm new to the whole server admin deal and was messing around with different mods on my server. Are we able to mix tekkit, with tekkit lite? I loved everything you could do in Tekkit lite, but my buddies and I still want to make rockets and travel to the moon and stuff.

Any information you guys have on this would be great, thanks!

well durrrhuuurrrr, but to truly just "mix them" some of those mods may not have all the features they have in 1.5.2 therefore it would not be a lossless conversion, sure he could make a custom modpack, and edit a ton of configs and get everything working happily and it still wouldn't be just a mix of tekkit and tekkitlite, but then again if he could do these things and knew how he likely wouldn't need to ask here, and I wouldn't have needed to type this. w/e you can try. Also I would point out besides IC2 crap and pneumatics what exactly would he be missing out on by just moving to tekkit? what is there to do in lite that isn't in tekkit?

well durrrhuuurrrr, but to truly just "mix them" some of those mods may not have all the features they have in 1.5.2 therefore it would not be a lossless conversion, sure he could make a custom modpack, and edit a ton of configs and get everything working happily and it still wouldn't be just a mix of tekkit and tekkitlite, but then again if he could do these things and knew how he likely wouldn't need to ask here, and I wouldn't have needed to type this. w/e you can try. Also I would point out besides IC2 crap and pneumatics what exactly would he be missing out on by just moving to tekkit? what is there to do in lite that isn't in tekkit?

He's not asking to literally mix them. He just says they Love tekkit lite but they want to make rockets and go to the moon.

Your better off getting Tekkit Space and grabbing a copy of the IC2 beta.

Gotcha, I was going to try and put IC2 Beta into the server but didn't know if I'd have to use my own launcher, or edit somethings in the launcher as well so the IC2 mod show'd up on my minecraft when launching Tekkit.

Thanks for all the help guys!

• Discord Moderator

Gotcha, I was going to try and put IC2 Beta into the server but didn't know if I'd have to use my own launcher, or edit somethings in the launcher as well so the IC2 mod show'd up on my minecraft when launching Tekkit.

I've made a pack for my nephew that has a fair amount of extra stuff in it, including IC2 and Railcraft (his requests). It's called "JacksonCraft" and is available in the ModPacks section. There are both SSP and SMP files available, and there are texture pack links. Feel free to use these to modify/extend/whatever for a pack of your own as I'm just cobbling together other people's work anyway.