Issue with TConstuct

Increase the Permgen on the server with -XX:MaxPermSize=256M. It goes with -Xmx4096M -Xms4096M.

A larger amount of memory than needed may cause garbage collection lag spikes.

-Xmx4G -Xms2G -XX:MaxPermSize=256M would be better.

Thanks,

I'm running a server, should I do the same on there?

The errors seem to be related to TConstruct so should I not be fixing that?

You should also enable incremental garbage collection, with -Xincg. It makes the garbage dump happen incrementally, instead of all at once when it starts running out of memory. This will prevent lag spikes.

I never knew about that! You'd think that would be one of the default options for minecraft server batch files or shell scripts. Any idea why it wouldn't be the default? Maybe servers with a lower amount of RAM and slower CPU would see increased CPU load, so it holds off until it absolutely has to and then dumps when it runs out of memory?

[Edit: Wait, is it -Xincgc or -Xincg?]

[Edit#2: Looking into it further, it seems that there are several command line arguments for managing garbage collection in Java, and there seems to be some disagreements about which one is best to use. This requires further investigation. Thanks for the heads up about this option, at least. I find the more I learn about minecraft server administration, the more I find areas that I had no prior understanding or experience in. Learning is fun!]

I never knew about that! You'd think that would be one of the default options for minecraft server batch files or shell scripts. Any idea why it wouldn't be the default? Maybe servers with a lower amount of RAM and slower CPU would see increased CPU load, so it holds off until it absolutely has to and then dumps when it runs out of memory?

[Edit: Wait, is it -Xincgc or -Xincg?]

[Edit#2: Looking into it further, it seems that there are several command line arguments for managing garbage collection in Java, and there seems to be some disagreements about which one is best to use. This requires further investigation. Thanks for the heads up about this option, at least. I find the more I learn about minecraft server administration, the more I find areas that I had no prior understanding or experience in. Learning is fun!]

What are you talking about, I never wrote -Xincg...heh heh. I always use it as a command line parameter, and I find that it really REALLY helps on the client. I was havinig frequent lag spikes every couple of seconds, and using it completely removed them and made minecraft's memory footprint way smaller.