Server Issues

GingerNinja49

Hi everyone,

i am just going round the forums to see if any one can help me.

i am trying to set up a tekkit server but it keeps saying when i click launch.bat things like cant find mods, mods corrupt or cant reach mods and i dont know what to do please help me ASAP

thanks,

GingerNinja49

lots of questions:

(1) what OS are you using?

(2) what version of Tekkit are you trying to run (TekkitMain, Tekkit Classic, Tekkit Lite)? If Tekkit (i.e. Tekkit Main) are you running 1.0.6 or 1.1.5?

(3) from where are you downloading the files?

(4) what version of Java are you running?

there should be a server log file located in your server directory (named "ForgeModLoader-server-0.log"); perhaps you could post that (or the pertinent parts). You might want to use http://pastebin.com/ so as to not clutter the forum with a huge file.

are you just trying to set up a basic server or a bukkit server if just basic you need to either dont use the launch.bat or rename your tekkit server.jar to minecraft.jar i think i could be wrong i would have to look in our server setup to see but im pretty sure that what i did when i switched to using mcmyadmin only i renamed the mcpc+ to mincraft.jar cause we using bukkit

Are you actually getting to the title screen, or is it crashing on you? Your loading log is very similar to mine and I don't see any crashes. When you say it's saying 'can't find mods', that may very well be normal (there's a lot of stuff that looks for other mods for compatibility but doesn't REQUIRE them and will function just fine).

If it is actually crashing on you, could you give me any specific wording? Because I'm not seeing it in that log.

Also, if it is crashing, maybe you could share the contents of your launch.bat file. But if it's not crashing, I think everything is fine. Oh, and I didn't see anything that said 'mods corrupt' like you mentioned above. Where are you seeing that error?

Hi guys thanks for your response's.

Just to let you know this isn't the original log, I have run the sever a few times to see if mods would load correctly and if it would sort itself out and if it might help so this is I think the third times log and when i went into the server directory this was the only log there.

As for the corrupt mods someone on another forum said delete the mods and re-install it from the mods website.

The other problem is It takes ages I don't know if its meant to take ages or not

Thanks again

Hi guys thanks for all your help in trying to help me but my uncle (who is a computer technician) came round today and sorted it out he deleted my server re-routed java or something and then re installed it and it works. Thanks for all your expert help in this situation