Downloading Hexxit, then having Battle.net(blizzard) intruder notification

bloodjim

me and my friend recently installed and played Hexxit, but then, i'm not accusing any of the modders or anything but hexxit is the only thing i've installed for a while, and both of us got battle.net intruders after that, my friend got his Diablo account hacked and blizzard sent me a notification about someone trying to connect from a different place. So i'm trying to get some help from the Tecnic owners to check the Modlist cause i haven't have any difficulties with any of my online game till Hexxit. (sorry for my english i'm french) Thanks

that maybe one of the mod got a keylogger, or some hacking oriented files, since hexxit is the only new things for both of our pc for like 1 month, so i've come to an idea that one of the mod could possibly have something evil in it. (again sorry if you can't understand my point, my english ressources are limited xD) Thank you for the fast reply

i'm just pointing out that one of the mod has an hack files, or program in it and should be revised =/

None of the mods have hacks, keyloggers, or whatever. After minecraft launcher all instances of Technic Launcher close. After you close Minecraft all instances of Java close. Why don't you go talk to Diablo 3 support or who ever instead of blaming a reputable platform.

also yea all instance closes, but what if when you instal the modpack on of the files instal something else? that program could run icognito beneat all detection? might not be hexxit, but it's still strange that me and the friend who got hack have problem with that

cause i've never had problems before hexxit, blizzard sent me an email 1 day after my hexxit download..

Okay your on to us. I might as well tell you the truth. The entire Technic Platform is funded by Scientology of America. The Conspiracy Theorist were right. We're collecting information on general behavior and activities of US Citizens. Your computer being monitored 24/7

CODE:1337 L33T

I guess one of the employees got bored so he sprung up at a chance to play Diablo 3.

It's true! Technic is a super virus! Get out while you still can before your computer is infested with ducks and your computer begins to blue screen! The launcher is on The Clan's blacklist for being a super virus! Everyone knows that open source software is key loggers and viruses! You can't check the source or anything so you will never know!

The chance's of hexxit having a key-logger that could launch its self with minecraft's launch is possible but... the chances are like getting struck by lightning 3 times in a row in real life in 3 different days. Someone would have reported it by now regardless since hexxits been out for a little while now. Chances are the blizzard email could have been a fraud(very very common)... or could of been something installed months ago that the hacker didn't get to that particular set of information till said time frame you got the email.... regardless so many people that play minecraft have blizzard accounts as well its not even funny. This would of be a wide spread epidemic... not just a singled out person/persons. Personally I couldnt find anything of key-logger properties in Hexxit.. Hopefully you guys keep Authentication tokens on your blizzard accounts anyway... lol pretty important to keeping them safe and have been for a few years now.

So what's the website the "blizzard" intrusion emails said to go to?

I get 3-4 emails a month telling me my account has been compromised and I need to hit up a website to verify everything. Only problem is the emails are coming to my untrusted email account, not the one I signed up with.

1: Make sure the email is actually legit. Hackers get a lot of accounts from people believing those emails and logging into accounts.bIizzard/blizzzard/blizard.com

2: Why don't you have an authenticator?

3: Hexxit isn't exactly an unknown pack with a couple dozen users. Try hundreds of thousands of downloads. You really believe you're the smartest, most talented user of the pack who is breaking a secret conspiracy?

4: If it did actually contain a keylogger then your virus scanner would have caught it. Java itself makes a terrible TSR, too easy to notice the virtualmachine is still running, so they tend to install conventional executables for the dirty work.

5: If your virus scanner didn't catch it, one of the thousands of IT workers who have tried the pack would have.

6: Your accusation, which is lightly disguised as a concerned observation, has no evidence whatsoever. And it seems quite similar to the previous accusations anti-technic trolls have slung at here in the past.

it was legit, i dont usualy check my mails, but when i tried to connect to my battle net account, they said it was lock, so i went to my mail to check if something was wrong, and the email was legit, my account was rly locked cause someone tryed to connect from unusual place, they told me to go on the official site and reset my pasword in order to recover it, aswell as a cdkey from one of my games.. might not be hexxit, but i haven't done anything new cept for hexxit in the last month :/

i have no evidence, you're right, but 2 ppl same problem, same period of time, and we dont even live in the same place, so yea might not be hexxit, probly not, i have trust in these platforms, but it just confuse me on the seed of the intruders =/

and yea i had an authentificator, which saved me, but then i have noo freaking idea how me and my friend got these intruders =/ first time it happends to me, so i tryed to find help, which neowulf granted me, thank you mr.Wulf , you're probably right . Thanks for the fast replies.

Hi look at me, I'm an admin. I see everyone and their mothers already tried to tell you the "humorous" way, so I wont bother. Whatever was up with you and your friend has nothing to do with us. All our stuff is open source and publicly scrutinized and checked. It would be impossible for anything malicious to slip in there without a million+ people being very angry all at once. Your situation is completely unrelated. Simple logic will tell you to look elsewhere for the source of your blizzard thing. Coincidences do happen. You play with your friend I imagine and probably got bagged at the same time by some account thief.