Buggy Engines

The modpack it worked in is probably an earlier version of TE. Redstone Engines in Big Dig/Tekkit produce something along the lines of .01 MJ/t and IIRC can't power anything but the various wooden pipes, with the exception of the wooden conductive pipe (which prevents massive arrays of redstone engines being used to power stuff).

You'll need at least a stirling engine to power a machine.

Redstone engine are a cheap method of powering pipes. Wanna know what's op? Building a bunch and having an infinite power supply

Thing is, it's not even that hard to get infinite power with better engines, it just requires a bit more involvement (i.e. building the setup to produce the fuels).

It's like how the solar arrays from IC2 used to be.

Thing is, it's not even that hard to get infinite power with better engines, it just requires a bit more involvement (i.e. building the setup to produce the fuels).

It's like how the solar arrays from IC2 used to be.

Well yes but these require more expensive parts and maintenance. Plus there's always the chance something goes wrong.

I had a Magma engine hooked to a pump and a tesseract and every week or two I have to move the pump because I run out of lava.

I was more going along the point of people usually seem to rush towards whatever is the absolute easiest. I don't care about things producing infinite of other things as long as it's not a place-and-forget block or something like the EE2 condenser flowers.

I was more going along the point of people usually seem to rush towards whatever is the absolute easiest. I don't care about things producing infinite of other things as long as it's not a place-and-forget block or something like the EE2 condenser flowers.

I remember seeing one of those. It took the guy about 2 hours to make one red matter with a very tiny one.