Trying to shoot on new Tekkit

Grantypoo

I'm hoping someone has an idea as to why this isnt working for me, I'm probably doing something wrong.

I just started a new NEW Tekkit server. None of the items that shoot are working for us. The railgun on the powered armor, the other gun in the gauntlet too, the ground mounted cannons, nothing shoot. The cannon even takes gunpowder and a cannonball when right clicked and makes the noise, but I cant shoot.

Any ideas? Is there some toggle I need to turn on to allow weapons and projectiles?

I'm hoping someone has an idea as to why this isnt working for me, I'm probably doing something wrong.

I just started a new NEW Tekkit server. None of the items that shoot are working for us. The railgun on the powered armor, the other gun in the gauntlet too, the ground mounted cannons, nothing shoot. The cannon even takes gunpowder and a cannonball when right clicked and makes the noise, but I cant shoot.

Any ideas? Is there some toggle I need to turn on to allow weapons and projectiles?

are you using any kind of plugins? maybe something that adjusts permissions?

Yessir. I've tried it with battery installed in the gauntlets themselves, that didnt matter. Currently I have 5,000,000 MJ battery in the helmet and the chest piece, none in the gauntlet but again that doesnt seem to matter. Everything else works, but all the shooting functions dont see to. The railgun, the one that shoots blades, the plasma gun... they all just do nothing.

Is there a hotkey I need to hit to activate that? Or is it simply once the module is install I should be able to right click and fire?

I'd blame the mod except cannons, which are a different mod, also arent working. It seems to me like somehow projectile type long range weapons are not enabled on the server, but it's a default install of Tekkit so I dont know how that could be.

Have you Shit+Scroll to select the weapon? I don't think it defaults to them I think you have to cycle through since there's a number of useable attachments for the gauntlet.

When you have the gaultlet on your hotbar and selected, hold Shift and scoll the mouse ball like you would to cycle through items on your hotbar, this will cycle through the attachments on your gautlet instead, like crafting table, omniwrench, railgun, etc.

If that's not it, are you sure there's power? Simply having the battery installed on the item isn't enough, it needs to be charged which can be done a number of ways.

1)Energetic Infuser is a MFR block that takes chargeable items as input and charges them when hooked up to a power source.

2)Solar Panel attachment for the MPS Helmet. Probably the easiest way to maintain power, just slow to build up.

3)Kenetic Energizer attachment for the MPS Power Legs. Build power while spriting, but also produces A LOT of heat that needs other attachments to cool down. I don't like this one because it heats up quick and can set you on fire...

4)I think there's an attachment for the MPS Chest piece that converts heat to energy but I'm not sure. Never used it because I don't like the Kenetic attachment for the legs

Yes, I definitely have power. I have 10M EJ in my batteries as of last night, I've got a whole charging station going from lava in the nether. All my other suit functions are working great, just the gun aspects of the gauntlet.

Also, I've tried it with carrying around a Redstone energy battery (cant recall the name off the top of my head) that definitely is being drained by my suit but still the gun didnt work.

I had no clue about the shift and scroll thing. I've never heard of that before and I've played minecraft on and off for a few years... I cant test it right now but in a few hours I'll be able to. I really hope that works. I kind of thought there had to be something like this, after all, if you have all three long range weapons installed in the gauntlet, you wouldnt want them all firing off at once...

Thanks for the idea and I'll let you know as soon as I get a chance to test.

And yes, I have the attachment for the chest piece to convert heat to energy but it doesnt seem to do anything really. I've jumped in lava, built up heat to the point I'm on fire and never noticed any appreciable increase in battery power remaining.

Awesome, I just jumped on real quick from my laptop and sure enough, that was it. Shift and scroll. It was locked onto the shears, I guess...

I had no idea that's the way it worked. After reading through a lot of websites and a lot of documentation, I never found that to move through different abilities you need to shift and scroll. You would think someone would have posted that by now.

As side note, I just almost burned to death. My laptop isnt good for minecraft and is laggy, I right clicked and held with the railgun on and fired apparently 10 shots or so? My heat was about 3 times what my suit can take and I started on fire. I jumped in a nearby lake that thankfully I had been knocked close too, but I couldnt tell if that actually helped cool the suit down or not. I was down to 2 hearts before the flames subsided.

I think if I started goofing around with the railgun I'd drop some of the electric armor off the pieces and instead go with heat plating. Although I dont PvP and rarely fight monsters anymore, so it's probably not worth it.

I honestly cant find any documentation on shift and scroll (not shift click) for items. Is that only for the mod with the power armor? Or is that function used widely through minecraft? IF so, what other items use this? I'd like to know what I was missing out on.

I've jumped in lava, built up heat to the point I'm on fire and never noticed any appreciable increase in battery power remaining.

Yea I think that's only heat generated from other parts of the suit. Not 100% sure on that though.

I honestly cant find any documentation on shift and scroll (not shift click) for items. Is that only for the mod with the power armor? Or is that function used widely through minecraft? IF so, what other items use this? I'd like to know what I was missing out on.

I haven't come across any other items that work like that so I would say it's unique to MPS mod. It's definitely not from Vanilla Minecraft.

I know when you use the Minium Stone outside of the crafting table to change blocks on the ground there's a way to cycle through some of the different transformations, but I don't remember if that's just Shift or Shift+Scroll.

OK, well definitely thanks for the help. I appreciate the advice. It's weird to not be able to find an answer on Google nowadays, seems like it finds everything but I sure dont see a single reference on the web to this problem, or any indication in any kind of documentation on the mod pack that this is even something you need to do. Hopefully once Google's crawler updates, there will be one entry now, this one :)