Is the detector cable bugged?

I have 225 high voltage solar arrays connected to an MFSU and in between there is one detector cable. The cable is going on for a second every once in a while but its supposed to be on all the time since power is obviously going through. Is there any way to fix this?

Unless you have a MASSIVE (more than 115,200 EU/t [225 HV solars * 512 EU/t]) draw off of the MFSU the detector cable is acting right. If the MFSU is full, and it will be unless you have the exceed the above number in power usage, it won't draw power except at the little one tick "pops" you see as the MFSU fills in the relatively small amounts of used power. To further explain the massiveness of this power, you could fill a MFSU in less than 10 seconds will this.

But i already have two MFSU's, both set to not output power when redstone current is applied, and i want it to be on when the solar panels are on, since im about to make a huge monitor that will say when the solar panels are producing power.

it only lets you know when there is a current running through the cable...since your mfsu's are being filled so quickly, it only gives you a little "pop" of current. If you make a panel and batbox, and hook up a mass fab to it and have the fab run continuously. You could have the detection cable do what you want it to that way. Only way I could think of doing it...Not that you really need a huge moniter to let you know when they're on, you can tell when it's daylight on the minimap, assuming there are light sources on it for you to check.