Don't Download Hexxit :/

Leonardo0411

hey guy,

I have a problem with a thing. it doesn't do the stuff!! please learn telepathy so you can understand what I'm saying instead of me actually communicating clearly.

dear freakachu

P.S. don't sign your posts. this is a forum post, not a letter.

P.P.S. "dear" generally goes at the beginning. this is like saying "greetings" at the end, which is also dumb.

How quaint.

That's not quite a way to greet a new member.

Leonardo, try going into your .technic folder (%appdata%\.technic) and delete the Hexxit folder, BUT make sure you back up any saves that you would like to use in the future (%appdata%\Roaming\.technic\hexxit\saves).

Then try downloading it through the launcher again.

If this doesn't work, please reply.

How quaint.

That's not quite a way to greet a new member.

listen, the rules are there for a reason. that reason is not to be ignored because you're new. additionally, this is hexxit discussion. the bug board is over here which is where this thread belongs and also where the OP might have found an answer to his problem without even posting. I didn't even give him a warning for posting in the wrong place (which is worse than post signing, btw). on top of that he gives little to no information other than what amounts to "it's broke, fix plx" which is why all you can offer for solutions is "delete everything an try again", because you have no idea what the actual problem is just like everyone else.

so yes, my initial reply was just fine, thanks. if you have a problem with the rules being enforced, I don't know what to tell you

Interesting, how exactly is it not doing anything?

Could you post some more specific information?

What exactly are you doing that isn't downloading?

What version of the installer are you using?

What version of Java do you have?

Is your firewall blocking the download somehow?

Did you log in with your account properly?

Do you receive any error messages?

Have you tried posting this under the launcher bug section?