Not Enough Items help

jklomu

When I go on survival and open inventory, The pages say 0/0 and no items are on it. when I click the search box, it makes me crash. I think they're going to fix this in .6 or up. But, help me if it works for any of you guys.

Get the latest Hexxit (1.0.5). The gear in the top right of the launcher lets you select the amount of memory and check the, Increase PermGen Size, box.

The InfernalMobs just slows the game down, rather than crash it.

In Windows (7):

<user>/AppData/Roaming/.technic/hexxit/config/InfernalMobs.cfg

Open it with Notepad. Search for useSimpleEntityClassnames, it will say B:useSimpleEntityClassnames=false. You can change the "false" to "true". Make sure you didn't change anything else before you save the changes.

... You need more than 1 GB to run Hexxit properly, set it on at least 3 to run it stabley enough.

As for NEI crashing, perhaps you should delete the hexxit folder (after saving your world) and redownload it through the launcher. Either that, or you did some tweaking to the files yourself somehow, as this is the first time I've heard of it ever happening.

Make sure that the launcher downloads the RECOMMENDED VERSION (Gear under the Hexxit logo on the left) and not a Dev version somehow.

Well, the world still crahses... but I managed to re-create the world and start all over again... and Finally! NEI works :D

@david; the gear at the top irght only goes up to 1GB

If the gear only goes up to 1 GB I'm afraid you might need to get more memory to properly play...

Like I said, perhaps moving the character to spawn somewhere else using MCEdit might have fixed it somehow, but I guess we'll never find out.

Was it a world from an older version? If so there might have been a mismatch or corrupted chunk unloading somewhere.

If the gear only goes up to 1 GB I'm afraid you might need to get more memory to properly play...

Like I said, perhaps moving the character to spawn somewhere else using MCEdit might have fixed it somehow, but I guess we'll never find out.

Was it a world from an older version? If so there might have been a mismatch or corrupted chunk unloading somewhere.

Well, it has a bit of lag still, but it works perfectly other than that. And I haven't thought of using MCEdit for it... I'm no good at MCEdit. and no, its still a world from 1.0.5