Why do IC2 recipies not work?

fljmayer

I have the latest Tekkit 1.0.6 server JAR running and use the Technic Launcher as the client. Most plugins seem to work, I can use Thermal Expansion, Modular Powersuits, Iron Chests etc. However, I cannot build any IC2 items, mainly for the lack of rubber. For example, I can't build a Treetap, i.e. when I put wooden planks into a crafting grid in the correct layout, nothing happens. Also I cannot find any Stickyreed in my world. I stead I can get Rubber Wood from rubber trees, as well as Raw Rubber, which can be smelted into Rubber Bars. Unfortunately I have no use for any of those rubber items. What could be the problem?

Thanks, Felixc

Easy, the problem is that you ASSUMED that there would be IC2 in the latest Tekkit.

There isn't, and no amount of whinging will get them back in. It's a very dead mod, with little to no improvements and vey long update times. Get used to TE, it's a very nice mod.

On http://tekkitlite.wikia.com/wiki/Tekkit_Lite_Wiki it says:

Tekkit Lite is the newest in the Tekkit series and, running on a base of Minecraft 1.4.7, it boasts even more mods than its predecessor Tekkit Classic.

I got the server and client from http://www.technicpack.net/tekkit/. So that web site is where I should look for information? I couldn't find much documentation about the plugins there.

There are a few tings you need to realize.

There are three official Tekkit packs.

(In chronological order) Tekkit Classic -> Tekkit Lite -> Tekkit

They all have their own pages.

Tekkit (the new one, called just plain ol "Tekkit") is the one you want. It has no IC2, but that is a positive aspect, because when even the buggy beta builds stop trickling out for IC2 you will still be able to update. Thousands of people are having a great time with the new stuff. Don't get stuck in the past.