Hexxit & Tekkit

jordanmh84

Hello,

I apologize in advance if this topic is covered on another site, or somewhere else here. I am not the best with searching for answers.

I am hosting a home server for my friends and I off my own computer. I am using the Hexxit pack given on the technicpack site for the server. However, my friends and I also really like the Tekkit pack as well. We were hoping to have the biomes, dungeons and weapons from Hexxit - while capturing the machinery and automation of Tekkit. I am not really good with the mod packages - so I'll attempt to convey what I want. Then, if someone has advice or can teach me how to manually select mods that are compatible that would be helpful.

I want to be able to have the 'feel' of Hexxit, without any unnecessary add-ons. Chocobos are probably not necessary for example, but expanded mobs, dungeons, caves, biomes, trees, and the entire world feel would be desirable.

From the tekkit side I want the automation. I want the vast number of ores on the surface and in the nether, the tesseract to flow fluids, the machines to control your world. Unnecessary things would be things like the dimensional package and galacticraft.

Anyone done something like this? Is there a list of compatible mods? Are there instructions somewhere on how to build my own setup with mods?

Thanks in advance,

Jordan

Thanks for the reply!

I had a friend who told me that galactic craft was only 1.5.1 and therefore wasn't compatible. This same friend also told me I couldn't use certain mods because the item codes were the same in both mods (Hexxit and Thermal Expansion). Is there a list of this as well?

I am reading the 'build your own modpack' as I type this.

Oh, don't worry about block and Item ID's. If they conflict, just change them in the configuration files.

Also, your friend is wrong about Galacticraft, as Tekkit 1.1.5 runs on Minecraft 1.5.2 and obviously has Galacticraft.

Thanks for all the answers dwwojcik.

So I at first tried combining the Tekkit and Hexxit folders. It did not go well. Apparently the Galacticraft version is 1.5.1 in Tekkit. So I am going to have to build a server from scratch. I wish this came a little more naturally to me so I could do it faster, I guess this will be the learning curve.

So, to confirm, will my players have to have the exact same build as me and launch from one of the basic given ones in the Technic launcher? I can't figure out another way to launch it correctly or have the server give them the files they need.

Latest. 1.0.6 is still recommended.

Oh, right. I don't always remember the difference--they should give them better names, like "Stable Build" and such. Oh well.

I'd still suggest 1.1.6, as that is 1.5.2, and thus compatible with Hexxit (as that, too, is 1.5.2.)

Oh, right. I don't always remember the difference--they should give them better names, like "Stable Build" and such. Oh well.

I'd still suggest 1.1.6, as that is 1.5.2, and thus compatible with Hexxit (as that, too, is 1.5.2.)

Yes, but they just did a lot of mod updates, and it's the first pack with all of those updates, so stability might be an issue. I'd stick to 1.1.5 for a bit longer if you're looking to build a stable game and wait for 1.1.6 to get either be promoted or get a new release with a few fixes.

1.1.5 is MC 1.5.2, though, and is pretty stable.

1.1.5 is MC 1.5.2, though, and is pretty stable.

I regularly read the test threads myself, and I'm not terribly sure about 1.1.5's stability. CanVox does have a track record of doing well with isolating bugs and communicating with modders, so I have fair confidence that threre won't be too many this time around in 1.1.6.

Combining two major modpacks is a big challenge, though. I have enough trouble deciding on good choices for Metallurgy depth configurations as it is. :lizard:

• 3 months later...