Linux Ubuntu Noob

BreakingIce

Hello, I am trying to play Hexxit on my computer running Ubuntu 13.4. I just downloaded the launcher and when I try and play I get a white screen. I just downloaded Minecraft and have not messed with anything, so I don't know what the problem is. I played Minecraft extensively, but on a Windows machine, and circumstances forced me to change over to Linux (because its free, and I need an HDD wipe) so I don't know how a lot of this stuff works, and I am trying to learn as much as I can, so please excuse my ignorance. Any help I get to make this work will be very appreciated, thank you.

Oops, forgot to really say my problem. I downloaded the launcher, and I clicked to play on Hexxit and it seemed to load all the files for me. Then I click launch and FML does its thing and then I get a white screen. So I have no idea why, or what to do about it. Thank, again.

Hm, could you point in the direction to start? I have no idea what LWJGL is...

Download 2.9 from their website, you can find the website via Google very easily.

Extract it

Copy all the files in jars folder into a separate folder, named bin

In bin, make a new folder called natives, no caps, all lower case.

Copy the Linux natives from the LWJGL download, they are in native/Linux, and are .so files.

Paste them into the natives folder in bin

Open the terminal and type

cp -r <path to bin> ~/.technic/*/bin

You will have to run that after a new modpack is installed. Only that line.

Ok, I did all you said, but when I put that line into the terminal, it said that there was "No such file or directory" I don't think that I have a .technic file, so that's probably the problem. Should I make one myself, if so where should I make it? I also don't have a .minecraft either, and I'm used to having one when playing on Windows, but I don't know if that's relevant.

*EDIT* Ok, I found out how to do it, thanks a whole lot everyone for helping me, I wouldn't have been able to figure it out myself. I really appreciate it =D

Ok, I did all you said, but when I put that line into the terminal, it said that there was "No such file or directory" I don't think that I have a .technic file, so that's probably the problem. Should I make one myself, if so where should I make it? I also don't have a .minecraft either, and I'm used to having one when playing on Windows, but I don't know if that's relevant.

*EDIT* Ok, I found out how to do it, thanks a whole lot everyone for helping me, I wouldn't have been able to figure it out myself. I really appreciate it =D

You probably didn't subsitute in the path to the bin folder. You do have a .technic though, it is in your home directory. You have to show hidden files, most of the time the hotkey is ctrl+h. In most linux file managers, hidden files are designated by putting a . in the front.