Looking for a mod that...

ZSigma85

My girlfriend is always whining to me that minecraft is mean and that I shouldnt have to hunt down and slaughter peaceful animals just for my own selfish needs. lol. Silly as it sounds, I feel a lil guilty doing it (when shes watching me anyway). I'm wondering if anyone knows of any mods that have alternative ways to get leather and feathers and etc. Save the chickens !!!

My girlfriend is always whining to me that minecraft is mean and that I shouldnt have to hunt down and slaughter peaceful animals just for my own selfish needs. lol. Silly as it sounds, I feel a lil guilty doing it (when shes watching me anyway). I'm wondering if anyone knows of any mods that have alternative ways to get leather and feathers and etc. Save the chickens !!!

There is always the Rotton Flesh to Leather mod for leather.

Not sure about the feathers though.

If you have a pack with IC2, you can use the Matter of UU. course, that would only allow you to get feathers and leathers relatively late game. That might be a bit of a pain. However, if you have that much time, maybe you can think of more clever rhymes!

what the...where on earth did that come from dude ? a mix of tekkit and Flans mods on a war server is kind of a dream I have, rival industrial fueled factions building planes and tanks to protect their mining operations, havent found it yet though. Funny you should post that here in a completely unrealated topic though

It's a bit confusing. Minechem has gone through like 5 developers so far.

The last one for 1.4.7 was still based off BC instead of UE, so it's perfectly compatible. Though even the new UE version can use BC MJ to power it.

Thanks for suggestiong minechem, I had never bothered to look at it before, its sort of a scientific take on EEs EMC system...well sort of. I am trying to understand it all, and basicly you break items down to their raw elements and then can use the elements to make different items ?

Yup. You start with the microscope to see what it takes to make an item you need (which will usually be exactly what it will give when pulled apart). From there you put feedstock items (something readily available) to get the elements you need, and use the synthesizer to turn those base elements into the item you want.

Some elements only have one source and use so the item is impossible to synthesize from other items normally (fusion chamber changes that). And the most readily available elements are C, H, O, and Si, so either dedicate a lot of storage for those or learn to make use of them (Carbon is nice in mass quantities because a diamond requires 256, and H2O comes with a free bucket oddly enough).

Unless it was nerfed recently, you have NO idea just how easy it is to make diamonds out of, of all things, melons. Just break down a whole melon, then reconstitute melon slices out of the H2O that you get from breaking down the melon compounds. Rinse and repeat.