Phased conductive pipes not working

Webkilla

I'm having a strange problem with my phased conductive pipes

They aren't working. See the screencap:

TekkkitScreenCap1.png

Notice the distinct lack of that blue energy-beam thingy that should be in the middle of those.

The frequencies are setup correctly, the sender is on send only, the receiver set to send & receive - but nothing is happening.

The energy bridge is drawing from an MFE not shown - it had +100K EU in when this screenshot was taken.

I've also tested the energy bridge side by setting up two chests and a wooden pipe to test the BC producer as a simple engine. That worked fine... which honestly just confused me even more.

Do I have to give something a redstone signal? Am I missing something? I've followed the tekkit lite wiki's guide on making remote power plants in making this - and for the love of it I can't see what I'm doing wrong

Phased pipes are very buggy. For longer distances, use Tesseracts (I think those were added in time for your ancient 1.4 pack ;)) and n this situation I think we can all agree one more conductive pipe isn't too much of an investment.

Phased pipes are very buggy. For longer distances, use Tesseracts (I think those were added in time for your ancient 1.4 pack ;)) and n this situation I think we can all agree one more conductive pipe isn't too much of an investment.

Bugger... I was really hoping that phased pipes would work better (They've always worked for me in Tekkit Classic) - Tesseracts are such a pain to make... now I'll have to create all the thermal expansion crap. I prefer to use buildcraft and IC2 stuff... so much easier to work with.

Oh well - if there's no other way - plus I guess this reduces my dependency on diamonds

Righto

Well, I've begun my adventure into Thermal Expansion (and I'm already swearing loudly at how difficult it is to find Ferrous Ore, which I have to find, to make damn induction smelters if I want to be able to make hardened glass...)

Anywho - I've run into a strange snag:

TekkkitScreenCap2.png

IC2 LV input, bridge, BC producer - but the damned conductive pipes AREN'T conducting! What is this witchcraft!!?

I've plopped the sawmill (the right-most TE device on the screencap) right on top of the BC producer... it worked just fine, got a nice bit of sawdust and 6 planks for it.

Seriously - what is this.

Edit: Edit - I've found the error.

I failed to use wooden conductive pipes to get the MJ's out of whatever I wanted to get it out of...

Fair enough... although now I've run into an even stranger problem: My tesseracts aren't transmitting.

I am seriously this close to table-flipping on this - I can't believe that I keep running into things that don't work.

TekkkitScreenCap3.png

BJ->tesseract->tesseract (both on same frequency, one sending, one recieving) - then via gold cond pipe into a machine

...and nothing.

I've followed every instruction I could find to the letter. I cannot see what's wrong... and it is frustrating me

I tested it with the conduits... I even tested it by putting one tesseract right next to the BC producer, the other right next to the machine

Nothing

...why is wireless power broken for me!?

also retried phased conductive pipes - even with proper wooden conductive taking power out of the BC producer (its powering my sawmill, pulverizer and whatnot just fine via a straight gold-cond-pipeline) - nothing

You need a wooden conductive pipe coming out of the other tesseract. A tesseract receives up to 100MJ and stores it, much like your energy cell stores up to 600k. You need to use a wooden pipe to draw power out of the Tesseract as you do energy cell.

Short form: Cell - Wooden Conductive Pipe - Golden Conductive Pipe - Tesseract

Receiving Tesseract - Wooden Conductive Pipe - Golden Conductive Pipe - Machine(s)

Or easier: Cell - Tesseract

Receiving Tesseract - Machine

Again: Even when I put one tesseract right up next to the BC producer in my energy bridge setup - and set it to send and public access...

And then put a recieving 'ract right next to a machine 5 blocks away, same freq, public access, recieve only...

nothing

its bumming me out

Checked those settings - they were all set on that by default

now...

TekkkitScreenCap4.png

The BC producer down in the left corner, with a wooden cond pipe into the ract - and the ract with the wooden cond pipe into the machine. This did NOT work. (also note the wood cond pipe on the machine kept facing the wrong way, omniwrench couldn't make it turn the right way)

This one:

TekkkitScreenCap5.png

The blue line so to say - that worked... the one in the bottom could no send though.

But then I tried this:

TekkkitScreenCap6.pnge

And none of the darn things could transmit. Also swapped with a wood cond pipe on the reciever to the machine. No difference.

I'm starting to suspact that its the pipes that aren't working with the racts... but they transmit MJs just fine the normal way, to all the other machines.

I'm sensing its a conflict between TE and BC.

Ok, tested with those energy-conduits there... I finally figured out that you need at least two of them, because you cant have a single section of it where the arrows point in different directsions (the wiki doesn't say that...)

and it worked! It transmitted MJs from the reciever to the machine!

however...

It wouldn't take MJs from the BC producer to a ract... so I'm stuck having regular cond pipes in one end - and then using conduits and whatnot elsewhere.

makes no sense at all

You need wooden conductive pipes in many places, and some gold ones even. Let me go through these.

First Screen Shot:

Should be in bottom left corner: BC Producer - Wooden Cond Pipe - GOLDEN COND PIPE - Tesseract

By the machine: - Tesseract - Wooden Cond Pipe - GOLDEN COND PIPE - Machine

Second Screen Shot: Not sure about this set up, I'll have to run a test

Third Screen Shot: Your tesseract to the machine needs a wooden pipe before the golden one. Top right can only send with the set up you have, bottom right I have to test. First screen shot should be flawless with my fixes though...

Thank you - nothing in the tutorial was new to me, but I was finally able to extract MJs from a teseract via your suggestion of the ract-wood-gold-machine setup.

...now why it can't just run straight from a wooden pipe is beyond me - but hey - my stuff is at least working now

I don't get it either, I guess wooden pipes only draw power if there is another valid pipe to pass it through first, hence the golden pipe. Maybe so it doesn't get confused and try to draw power from both the regular source and the tesseract at the same time? Lol