Quarries and electric engines

CyberWolf2012

I am having an issue powering my quarry in the new big dig update, due to IC2 being removed it doesn't seem to want to except power from anywhere else.

Can someone suggest a way to fix this or an alternative power source for the quarry that isn't one of the engines?

If not can someone suggest an alternative for the actual quarry itself?

Quarrys only accept MJ, which can pretty much only be produced from engines. You can connect a Redstone Energy Cell to the quarry and then have engines providing power to Redstone Energy Cell.

Which engines are you trying? IIRC redstone engines will no longer be able to power quarries and many of the steam engines will require a supply of water to function.

It may be that the forestry engine only accepts IC2 power, which obviously isn't in BigDig (though it may accept UE power - I've never tried it though). And as I said I'm pretty sure the redstone engine can no longer power quarrys, you need something more powerful. Just type engine into the NEI search bar at the bottom of the screen and you'll get a lot. I personally always use Magmatic Engines supplied with lava, but everyone has different preferences.

I use liquiducts, but the principal is the same. I have a pump in the nether feeding into a liquid tesseract, then a liquid tesseract in the overworld pumping into Magmatic Engines (I think I have 24 being fueled by one pump but I'm not at home at the moment so can't check).