it says im out of memory?

Captain__dino__

Question

Title: it says im out of memory?

Version: 1_0_4

Java Version: 6

Description of Problem:

when i play in single player for a couple of minutes then it freezes and says im out of memory and i know im not out of memory cause i can keep playing but i just want it to stop its sooo annoying i just wanna enjoy playing hexxit without that being in my way

Error Messages:

Error Log:

5 answers to this question

Operating system? 64 bit doesn't tell us much.

Launcher version 1.0.4? I'm running 253, are you sure you're running the latest technic launcher?

What bit is your java?

im sorry i didnt know what to put for operating system im not a real like computer freak i dont know much bout computers so yea... and my technic verison is 1.1.8 sorry

• Moderators

But you know how to use google, right? G-o-o-g-l-e. There are 3 popular OS's: Linux, Macintosh and Windows. Which one?

If you don't know your java then go to Control Panel -> Uninstall Programs and see on the list what java you have installed.

The latest Launcher version is 2.0.0.253, it's better to get the latest than to hold on to something old.

I hear this entire forum is filled with computer freaks! Eeeek!

im sorry i didnt know what to put for operating system im not a real like computer freak i dont know much bout computers so yea... and my technic verison is 1.1.8 sorry

r u serious?! -_- i'll put this in a simple sentence. u know how iphone is apple? that is its operating system. for a computer, it could be mac, windows, or even linux cause these r the most common ones

All of you, stop. It is a simple issue, and little of the information you guys are asking for is relevant.

Dino, I want you to try this and tell me if it solves you problem. Open up the launcher, and in the top right corner click the gear icon. Click on memory and change it from 1 GB to either 2 or 3 GB. Be careful to not use up too much ram though. To know how much you have to work with, right click the taskbar at the bottom of your screen (the bar were the start button is located) and click Start Task Manager. This lets you keep track of a bunch of nifty things on your computer like applications, processes, and memory and cpu usage. Usually, in the performance tab, the top is for cpu and the bottom is for random access memory (ram).

Once you tell Technic that it is ok to use more ram, you should not run into that issue anymore.

Edit: Normal, the iPhone uses iOS, which literally stands for iPhone Operating System.