Keyboard stops working after a short time.

kroh_

Question

Title: Keyboard stops working after a short time.

Version: 1_0_4

Java Version: java 7 update 25

Description of Problem:

After I go on any singleplayer game new or old, after about 15 seconds my keyboard stops working. I've tried other keyboards which work on every thing else. (vanilla minecraft, typing, ect.) The only key that works is left shift.

Error Messages:

Error Log:

9 answers to this question

have you gone to the settings in game and seen if the game freaked out and made all your keybindings to nothing exept shift? being games do corrupt sometimes and anything could have failed to repair them so it might have deleated the key-bindings or the file hasent been removed yet or is just plain corrupt...

have you gone to the settings in game and seen if the game freaked out and made all your keybindings to nothing exept shift? being games do corrupt sometimes and anything could have failed to repair them so it might have deleated the key-bindings or the file hasent been removed yet or is just plain corrupt...

I have gone to options and looked at the controls. Everything looks fine there.

I have gone to options and looked at the controls. Everything looks fine there.

Ok then have you tried coppying your hexxit data to a file on your desctop then deleating everything of your hexit in the .technic folder and re-downloading hexit then seeing it works then?

if it does just place your save from the hexxit folder you coppyed to your desktop into the save that is in the new re-downloaded hexxit folder.

Sadly i just tried that and it still doesn't work... :(

Try seeing if your key-board needs to be updated at all, this is extreamly unlikely that it will fix it but im running out of options to troubleshoot the proplem, by going to start>controll panel>hardware and sound>printers and devices then right click and go to properties then go to hardware then properties again then go to drivers and see if the option to updae driver is there and try that so it will automatically search for updates via the internet if there is none dont worry about it if there is try and see if itll work with hexxit.

Another thing, that is also highly unlikely, would be your protections i.e. anti-virus e.c.t. may be blocking input to the game, no idea why this would happen but stranger things have happened to me, all you need to do is see if there is a log of some kind and see if it is blocking hexxit or has anything to do with hexxit or java script and maybe post it if you think it may be the problem. (note: don't tern off any of your protections as that has a probability of aproximitly 3% chance to fix it)

If all fails post as much info about the key-board that won't work with hexxit as you can here and maybe a mod or someone who understands code (being i don't know squat about coding) could help you. sorry i can't be much more of assistance.

I jsut thought of another thing which is likely to fix it, temprarly, which is to coppy all the hexit files, like that you would as if you where adding a mod, to vinilla minecraft ,being that vinilla minecraft is compatible with your key-borad, it may have some data in there that allows your key-borads to function properly with minecraft, although an unlikely fix it is alot more likely to fix this problem then what i had said abouve.