Launcher won't sign in and launch any modpacks

OscarWilde

Question

Launcher Version: 285

Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit

Java Version: Java V 7 U 45

Antivirus Program: Avast

Description of Problem:

Whenever I open the launcher I type in my username and password and click launch and the launch button turns black but nothing happens. It doesn't matter which modpack I attempt to launch. There isn't anything wrong with my user or pass either because if I intentionally input the wrong password I still get a popup saying incorrect password/username combination.

So I know it's the right password. And I know my Java is up to date. I also know the issue started when the Technic Launcher updated. As it was working 100% last time I played and then today it updated and no longer works.

Is there any way I can use an older launcher build? Or launch tekkit manually without technic?

Tekkit classic is the only modpack I play (but I have tried to launch the others to no avail.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

If it helps I also have custom mods attached to my tekkit (ones not included in the modpack) but they haven't had any conflict issues at all. But I would rather avoid deleting the tekkitmain folder if at all possible.. as that seems to be the closest thing to advice I've been able to find on the forum.

Error Messages:

None.. it never actually pops an error.. it just does nothing.. the "launch" button turns black and then absolutely nothing happens. And it isn't even frozen.. I can still change settings, scroll through the modpacks etc. It just never launches anything.

Error Log:

The website where all the modpacks are maintained has been down which is the source of the problem. Because the launcher is trying to get information from a website currently not responding.

The website just recently came back up so things should be playable again...who knows how long though.

The website where all the modpacks are maintained has been down which is the source of the problem. Because the launcher is trying to get information from a website currently not responding.

The website just recently came back up so things should be playable again...who knows how long though.

Thanx - I know. :) It was the kind of fun like when minecraft.net went down.

I got so angry, I cobbled together a simple client. :P

Can some of you do me a favor and zip up your .technic folders and put it somewhere where I can download it? That will help me try and reproduce some of your issues.

That wouldn't really help, because the technic folder has nothing to do with this problem. All of us having the problem have completely deleted it multiple times and nothing changed.

Ok I have a workaround. Problem is you have to load it every time so far. I will be copy and pasting this to all post. Go to your web browser and Make sure you delete your technic folder before you do: http://mirror.technicpack.net/launcher/253/TechnicLauncher.exe

This does seem to work.

oh and if you can get the launcher on your desktop let me know