Lag spikes

JohnnyC711

I'm having some very bad lag issues and fps drops and I don't understand whats going on, I have a good computer that can run most games without any lag what so ever like battlefield 3 or Call of duty's but every time I want to play tekkit its goes into very bad lag spikes every minute, does any1 know how to fix this ?

PC specs are: IntelĀ® Core i7-2670QM @ 2.20 GHz

8GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M graphics card

Windows 7 (64 bit)

I have played tekkit lite for quite a while with these lag spikes and I just put up with them but now I'm sick of them so I reinstalled the technic laucher and its still lags even when I start a new level without any ic2 machines or anything running. I don't think its my pc because I have a tool that tells me how much RAM and CPU is being used at a given time and these are both well below 50% of what the can handle when running it. I have tried allocating more memory to the launcher and made sure it was using the NVIDIA high performance option instead of the default setting which was the intergrated graphics.

Something about Windows 7, have you tried:

* Stopping the Indexing Service (Windows Search might be eating CPU)

* Disabling audio enhancements (audiodg.exe might be eating CPU)

* Updating system drivers (outdated drivers might not be as efficient as newer ones)

* Stopping background tasks

I can pretty much guarentee that you _WILL_ get lag in Tekkit Lite, due to the huge number of additional blocks.

Something else that helps me is to switch Tekkit to be windowed, bring up my process list, and see what has the biggest CPU usage (excluding the java process hosting Tekkit). I've noticed that, at one point, Explorer itself was eating up CPU, reacting to every file change in the save folder, but an update fixed that.