Installing Liteloader (VoxelMenu) to my 1.6.2 modpack

enterprise12

I ask one thing, please try to read all of this, i have been seeking help to do this from the "VoxelBox" support team, but they were not able to help too much as they are unfamiliar with other launcher setups, since the Technic Launcher uses the old modding layout, it was even harder.

-- I dont want to repeat myself so many times, ive been at this for awhile!

Plainly, i have a modpack V1.6.2, i want voxelmenu (i was given permission by VoxelBox)

It would be a simpler matter, if the launcher used the new modding layout, but with this update voxelbox supports this new layout, therefore changing how things install.

-- I have tried this:

- downloaded: http://www.voxelmodpack.com/modpacks.html 1.6.2 version

1. I installed Voxelmenu in the normal MC launcher, i was told to drag these into the "mods" folder

a) mod_voxelmemu_3.0.6_mc1.6.2.litemod which is the VoxelMenu mod itself

B) lib_voxellib_2.0.3_mc1.6.2.litemod which is VoxelLib which contains the dependencies

2.i was told this, although i cant say its right due to how modding has changed from *old to *new setup.

a) LiteLoader-1.6.4.jar the loader itself, this must be added as a library

B) launchwrapper-1.3.jar the mojang tweak system, this must be added as a library as well, if you have forge then you already have this

(Part b, launchwrapper i believe i already have, as he states comes with forge which is installed)

THIS IS WHERE ITS CONFUSING!

Once you've added that entry you need to set the main class to "net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch" which is the entry point for the tweak system.

Next you need to add a runtime argument to inject the tweaker itself, it is VITAL in 1.6.2 that the order of the tweakers is liteloader first, then forge. This means that the tweakClass must be the liteloader tweaker and (due to launchwrapper 1.3 not supporting multiple tweaks) the forge tweaker MUST be specified as the cascadedTweaks class, failing to do it this way around will cause the game to not launch.

This means that your command line args MUST contain:

--tweakClass com.mumfrey.liteloader.launch.LiteLoaderTweaker --cascadedTweaks cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker

Which will require removing the forge tweak class as the tweakClass. I repeat, leaving the forge tweaker as primary under 1.6.2 will cause the game to just crash at startup, this is a bug in FML that's fixed in 1.6.4.

-- So i have done a LOT of my own experiments and found out a lot of useful stuff,although i wish to see what you all say first, and if its possible to actually install this!

thank you!

I'm not quite sure what your trying to say. If keeping it as the primary tweak crashes things, and its a known bug that's been fixed for a newer version... why arent you just using that version?

Also, try to avoid bumps, this forum doesn't offer any support for this liteloader program so your kind of up the wrong tree here.

I want to install liteloader with VoxelMenu for 1.6.2, im not using 1.6.4 because some mods arent updated that i need for it, i have 120 mods..

its very stable, "Industrial Age The Turning"

but since the launcher uses the old version of modding its hard to ever get this working.

Im asking here...because i have seeked help to install this using their help, but they dont support other packs so they couldnt provide much help, considering its your launcher design, or technics, they know how to install it using the new Modding layout.

So i thought you could help tell me at least where the "Libraries" folder is, there has to be one considering they configured it to use 1.6+ versions, its just a matter of what it is now named or located.

I dont expect you to know how the voxelmenu works, but if you could tell me where the libraries folder/files download to, that would help as its where liteloader has to go.

Also, when i edit the "versions.json" file, what they need is:

1) inside the versions.json, pretty much it sets where library files download to for example forge.

So they need to set it for liteloader, "Next you need to add a runtime argument to inject the tweaker itself, it is VITAL in 1.6.2 that the order of the tweakers is liteloader first, then forge."

So liteloader needs to load before forge in 1.6.2, it was fixed in 1.6.4

if you dont mind checking this: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1868280-164api-liteloader-for-minecraft-164/

its a bit confusing for me as well, to make it simple:

Problems:

1) i need the libraries folder to put liteloader.jar in

2) i need to edit the versions.json to include "--tweakClass com.mumfrey.liteloader.launch.LiteLoaderTweaker --cascadedTweaks cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker" (check the versions.json to see what i mean)

3) When i edit versions.json when i launch, it erases anything i added.

-- i am not sure if its right, but in /.technic/cache it looks to contain all the library files, is this true?

- it is where i tried adding liteloader under \.technic\cache\com\mumfrey\liteloader\1.6.2

If by "Libraries" You mean the "Lib" Folder in vanilla, its going to need to be added to each modpack then. Download the pack you want, navigate to .technic under appdata, inside there's a folder for each modpack. you should be able to apply it from there.

The Cache section is a reference for the last pack run so far as I'd guess, you'd want to put anything you change into the proper pack folder.

Please refrain from multiple posts, if we had more help we would have provided it. As I have said, we do not support liteloader directly on this site, and judging by the lack of technic platform packs containing a library folder, its likely something thats not ment to be edited by a launcher platform.

• 10 months later...