Flagging/Reporting Mod Packs

DiabolusNeil

This is something that I love to do: reporting the idiots for something they do wrong (on purpose) and have them pay. However, I cannot do that with the Technic mod packs. I always find packs that do not work, are illegal (contain mods whose license prohibits their use in a public mod pack), copycats, or very unstable.

I suggest that the user is able to report and flag these mod packs for these reasons, so the people who actually create good packs (me, for example) aren't thrown off of the first few pages of the "Latest Packs" by the idiots that post their stupid packs.

I hope you consider my suggestion, and have a nice day!

• Moderators

Do you realize how many packs there are? Thousands is not even close... Tens of thousands or hundred of thousands is a more realistic number.

Even if you have the time to look them over and report them, the forum mods don't have that kind of time to go over the list and delete delete warn delete delete warn and so forth... We would burn out our forum mods quicker than you can say "Swede sweat sweet sweep".

Please read the modpack submission guidelines. Unstable packs are not against the rules, and copycats are fine as long as the name is different. Ones with bad download links are subject to removal, this is true.

And making a modpack that contains a mod against the wishes of the modder is not illegal. This has been explained many times by actual lawyers on every minecraft related forum since modpacks first started. A section for permissions is provided in the modpack description, but it will never be policed.

Personally, you're coming off here as highly anti-social. You just admitted to enjoying helping others get punished, and that's frankly really creepy.

Do you realize how many packs there are? Thousands is not even close... Tens of thousands or hundred of thousands is a more realistic number.

that plus, the Hexxit modpack has Mo' Creatures, witch if you didn't know, the mod maker said "I will never alow anyone to use my mod in a plubic modpack" that also means that FTB can't use that mod, eather.

• Moderators

that plus, the Hexxit modpack has Mo' Creatures, witch if you didn't know, the mod maker said "I will never alow anyone to use my mod in a plubic modpack" that also means that FTB can't use that mod, eather.

What?

What does this have to do with OP's question about reporting custom modpacks on platform?

And Hexxit doesn't have Mo'Creatures.