MFFS difficulty

veryance

Hi everyone, I've tried searching around the forums/google but I've been unable to really find good documentation about MFFS, so I figured I'd ask. I'm having a lot of trouble getting the biometric ID to interact with the interdiction matrix or force field generator. I've used the ID cards, but other non-carded players can still just sneak through my forcefields. Also I've noticed that sometimes when turning on forcefields the server will lag/crash. IIRC it's a hosted server with 1gb RAM, dunno about the CPU. Is that enough RAM? Is there something else that could be causing the issue? I'm 90% sure it's MFFS that's causing the instability. Any help would be appreciated, thanks again!

How many people is the 1gb of RAM supporting? 1gb is a really small amount and I, at least from personal experience, would say its not enough for any more than maybe a couple people. Ive seen servers that run into problems having more than 10 people online and they had significantly more RAM set up. Granted they may have had other instabilities but the server couldnt handle it once a certain number of players got online

Force Fields do take a bit of processing power to use, both server side and client side. I'd agree that you should up your RAM if possible. As for the biometric ID, it has to be on the same freq as the rest of your setup's MFFS blocks. You have to place an ID card for yourself into the "master" slot. You then take ID cards for your friends, place them in one of the "rights" slots, assign them the appropriate rights by using the buttons that appear on the right (am I right? yuk yuk :D) and then move their card into the row of slots at the bottom. Finally activate the Biometric ID block with either a redstone signal or by manually turning it on in the GUI. I believe you have to deactivate it to make any changes to the cards in the slots but that's the basic process involved.