Minefactory Planter ignoring filter/ Other MFR issues

Eds89

Hi guys,

I have searched for an answer to my issues to see if they are known bugs, but in Tekkit 1.1.10, using I think MFR 2.6.4-975, I have some issues with my auto farm.

Basically, the planter seems to be ignoring my filter, and simply planting the first thing in the inventory on every available block. It also seems to be very slow, even though being powered by Energy cell with 100MJ/t output via conduit. I can see the idle bar moving downwards very quickly, but it is not doing any work. The same slowness seems to apply to my fertilizer and my harvester.

As for my fertilizer, it doesnt seem to be fertilizing anything, again the idle bar is moving, but nothing is being grown any quicker.

Finally the harvester does it's job, but again incredibly slowly!!

The filter is my primary concern, not sure what it could be?

Cheers

Eds

It really depends on your fertilizer production but I would suggest multiple harvester/fertilizers.

The planter may be ok but the rest may not be sufficient to keep up with the actual max production.

Personally I use 9 planters, each with a single seed, and 8 harvesters on one side and 8 fertilizers on another.

have a pen for animals and put a sewer as floor.

consider the sewer generates maximum 100 sewage/t and only works on the block on top of it (upgrades apply).

Does not require power either, personally I just use them as floor for the pen.

Use 2 blocks for the pens walls or animals will go away from time to time.

The sewage you collect can be used to feed a composter (requires power, inputs sewage, outputs industrial fertilizer).

Just adjust the amount of animals in the pen in relation to the need of sewage you have.

Ok so I have a nice little set of sewers running into a composter, and I have some rubber trees planted.

Does the harvester actually get any rubber, or just rubber wood and saplings? I have left it to run for about and hour, and dont seem to have any rubber.

It looks like sometimes when the fertilizer grows a sapling, then the tree will grow, but a sapling will just appear on the floor.

I don't think I am losing saplings, but the loose ones on the floor dont get picked up.

As for the rubber, I can see in my storage network I only have rubber wood :(

How are you transferring the items into your storage network? I just logged onto my server and watched a rubber tree get cut down and the rubber count go up.

Is it possible you're filtering them out somehow? Or maybe redirecting them? Are you using AE, Buildcraft Pipes?

If you're using a ME Import Bus connected directly to the harvester you will lose items because the ME Busses are only capable of importing one type of item in a single tick. The harvester will output all of it's harvest at the same time. The bus will import one of them and the rest are lost. Solution is to use a vanilla chest in between the bus and the harvester as a buffer.

Hidden

If you're using a ME Import Bus connected directly to the harvester you will lose items because the ME Busses are only capable of importing one type of item in a single tick. The harvester will output all of it's harvest at the same time. The bus will import one of them and the rest are lost. Solution is to use a vanilla chest in between the bus and the harvester as a buffer.

ME interface is better. Acts like chest for anything that can output to them, imports as fast as needed.