Cant Connect To Freinds Server

njrk97

With our tekkit lite not working we decided to host a normal server, it was working fine apart from a crash and his slowing down which we solved by allocating more memory (Ram), but suddenly for no reason after he reinstalled his hamachi i cant connect to his server anymore it comes up with "Connection refused: Connect" He has the server portforwarded and we have tried changing the IP in his external IP in the sever properties with no difference even when i have tried to join with the eternal IP. Here is his server config

#Fri Dec 20 11:51:25 EST 2013

generator-settings=

allow-nether=true

level-name=world

enable-query=false

allow-flight=true

server-port=25565

level-type=DEFAULT

enable-rcon=false

force-gamemode=false

level-seed=

server-ip=

max-build-height=256

spawn-npcs=true

white-list=false

spawn-animals=true

hardcore=false

snooper-enabled=true

texture-pack=

online-mode=true

pvp=true

difficulty=1

gamemode=0

max-players=20

spawn-monsters=true

view-distance=10

generate-structures=true

spawn-protection=16

motd=A Tekkit Server

So does anyone have any idea how to fix it?

If you're trying to use Hamachi you have to connect to his Hamachi IP address not his internet connection's external IP address. The server-ip option should be blank. For a private hosted server you won't need it. It's used by those with more complex setups where you need to specify MC only to serve on one IP address of all available ones.

If you're trying to use Hamachi you have to connect to his Hamachi IP address not his internet connection's external IP address. The server-ip option should be blank. For a private hosted server you won't need it. It's used by those with more complex setups where you need to specify MC only to serve on one IP address of all available ones.

Initially we did use the hamachi IP but it came up with the same error so we tried to trouble shoot using normal IP, The issue to begin with was that it worked fine connecting to his hamachi , then he reinstalled it because it wouldn't start and now it has that connection refused error

Make sure his IP has not changed in that process. If he also removed the configuration while uninstalling hamachi he'll have a new IP address. Other than that you need to make sure you're both well connected to hamachi. I don't think a relayed connection would work so well. I've not used hamachi in quite some time.

Im not saying what TonyVS said doesnt work, Im just going to say that when I hosted my old hamachi server, the config file had the ip= line empty. Really shouldnt need to port-forward anything at all with hamachi.

make sure your both in the same hamachi group or whatever it is called, and then make sure your using the right IP. It can be kinda confusing to read the right IP address if you are new to log me in hamachi.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried with the Hamachi ip in the config and joining with that, then tried him starting a new hamachi room and me joining that, then tried with ip 6, then with ip4 plus the port but nothing is working. It is all connection refused connect crap. I really don't know what else to do.