Server is not loading mod materials.

Dr. Zuko

Hello, it has been a while since I have visited the forum and I do not know what to mark this thread as a big or something so if an admin sees this thread as a mispost then please redirect this accordingly.

Now to the topic of the thread. I have recently started to play Tekkit again and would like to start a server. With the launcher already on my desktop I went ahead to the page to download the Tekkit 1.1.10 server. After downloading I extracted the files to a separate folder and then started the server by launching the minecraft_server .jar file. I proceeded with launching Tekkit Main and setting my multiplayer settings for launch. *Launch* Server seems fine, nothing out of place yet until I decide to do a creative mode fly by. I then noticed that there are absolutely no added mod ores, no brown or black oil, no rubber trees, etc... (everything is there in singelplayer) I do not understand why. I went to research the topic in the forum and stumbled upon this thread http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/fix-is-your-server-crashing-when-launching-it.52878/ but unfortunately it did not help :/

Am I doing something wrong? Is this a bug? Has anyone else had this problem?

was the world created before or after you went to tekkit? the main world on my server was created back when I ran a bukkit only server, so it had no special tekkit ores what so ever. I ended up picking up the town in mcedit regereneating the map with tekkit running and they it got all the ores and I dropped the town back in its original location

yep, your problem is running the minecraft_server.jar file; you need to run the Tekkit.jar file

I tried doing that as well and although it generated a dimensional portal (no door, just the stone structure) nothing else was generated. All I saw were dirt blocks in places where oil supposedly would have been. The ores weren't there either. I will download the file again and start from the Tekkit.jar file alone from the beginning.

*EDIT/UPDATE*

Downloaded the server zip and launched the Tekkit.jar file. Success! Everything is there. Thanks for that! I will post on here again if anything weird occurs.

was the world created before or after you went to tekkit? the main world on my server was created back when I ran a bukkit only server, so it had no special tekkit ores what so ever. I ended up picking up the town in mcedit regereneating the map with tekkit running and they it got all the ores and I dropped the town back in its original location

After I went to Tekkit. This was a fresh start for me so I had no previous worlds generated.