Sign in to follow this  
brendanbennett

Wierd purple edges on blocks

Question

Title: Wierd purple edges on blocks

Version: 3.1.2

Java Version: 1.7.0_45 x64

Description of Problem:

Recently I have got this problem or bug where I get a very annoying purple or white border around my blocks, the border seems to be infinitely small (not a pixel), and can be seem very clearly if you move far away and the line becomes very thick.

I think this might be something to do with my java version, but I still thought the bug section was the most relevant place.

I am using ultra setting but have tried fiddling around with the settings but nothing works. I am also using everything vanilla (as in every thing how I installed it).

Error Messages:

N/A

Error Log:

N/A

3 answers to this question

Update your graphics drivers. Google will be your friend in this case. Also, ensure your OS is a 64 bit OS, as you've got the 64 bit java installed.

If issue persists, try updating LWJGL (Once again, google is your friend) As its *possible* For that to cause some weird issues.

Its caused by anti-aliasing, though it makes other games look good it causes minecraft textures to disalign.  Just go into your graphics settings and turn off all anti-aliasing settings or set them to the minimal :) Also always use the option 'Let the application decide' for graphics where applicable :)