Custom Modpack: Only newest version is available.

Llurendt

At some point recently, the launcher stopped allowing users to select older versions of my mod pack. Was this intentional? It makes it quite difficult for me to run my test server alongside my release server for my pack, as the test server uses newer versions than the recommended version. On that note, there does not appear to be a place to designate a specific release as being recommended over other releases.

If these are simply me being blind/dumb, please let me know, but it does indeed appear to be related to the actual platform rather than oversights by myself.

• 2 weeks later...

At some point recently, the launcher stopped allowing users to select older versions of my mod pack. Was this intentional? It makes it quite difficult for me to run my test server alongside my release server for my pack, as the test server uses newer versions than the recommended version. On that note, there does not appear to be a place to designate a specific release as being recommended over other releases.

If these are simply me being blind/dumb, please let me know, but it does indeed appear to be related to the actual platform rather than oversights by myself.

I have the same problem. I'm guessing it's because reuploading the pack overrides the old version.

Something like that... though it was working just fine a couple weeks ago, (multiple pack versions were available for download through the client). Hopefully it was an oversight when updating the client and not a new "feature". If, however, it IS a new "feature", I should hopefully be able to create a workaround by uploading a 'dev' version of my pack as a separate modpack.

Thanks for the reply, telling me I'm not crazy! :P

Solder? I've never heard of it... Where can I find the documentation?

EDIT: Nevermind, I've found TechnicSolder... It appears to solely be a way to make and distribute minor pack updates, not to have multiple pack versions available at the same time. Am I wrong?

Also, the ability to have multiple pack versions available for download was there before with just the basic technic pack uploading functionality. There was no need for any outside plugins/mods/APIs. Hence my post here after that functionality went away.

After looking into Solder quite a bit, it looks like a pretty good tool and would certainly accomplish what I am trying to do, but I would still like to know if the removal of the ability to select from multiple versions of private/custom modpacks was intentional, and if there is a plan to re-implement the feature in the future.

While it looks like a great tool, Solder is MUCH more difficult to learn to use than simply uploading my zipped folders for my modpack and having people select the version from the dropdown. :/