So I was on steam...

RalphRoberts

Cruising the forums looking for something to burn time on until I fell into the embrace of sleep. I saw a thread titled "Games You Regret Buying" well, I figured, some introspection might be good. 20 minutes later and my post was complete. Looking it over, I realized that approximately 50 of my 86 games are on the list. As you may imaging, upon realizing this I was rather depressed by the realization that I have wasted hundreds of dollars on games I will never play again.

You may view the thread Here, I am at the bottom of page 68: http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/12/864973577827927155/

You may listen to the song I believe fits my mood here: http://www.infinitelooper.com/?v=lwti4feAA6k&p=n

• Moderators

I half agree with one user pointing on Mount & Blade, the game had a huge flaw; Cavalry. If the player has a strong, experienced heavy cavalry they will win 90% of all battles. Depending on the battle field, naturally.

Good thing that modding communities grow around these games and fix these kinds of issues.

Only 2 games I regret are Dead Island and War of Roses. The latter purely because I only have a laptop, but my mind might change when I get a proper tower.

Arma II's a fucking fantastic game (with mods and friends)

Portals are great

FNV is a much better game than Fallout 3. Better writing, tighter gameplay. Bethesda are better at worlds I must admit.

Left 4 Dead 2 is starting to age. Wasn't a waste of money when I got it though.

Section 8: Prejudice, Lost Planet 2 and Dungeonland are my regrets. Everything else I don't play I got in bundles that made what I wanted worth buying anyway.

There's a lot of doofy (plural of doofus) in that thread, complaining about great games like FNV, Portal, and Arma II (DayZ related things, mostly). I chuckled at the guy who bought FNV without knowing it was an RPG.

Ralph, you have some really great games on your regret-list, is it just because you don't feel they have replay value, or because you didn't like them?

My nr1 regret was buying Hitman: Absolute bullshit. Linear stealth that relies too much on waiting, that was one of the worst games I've ever played.