Pumps arent working for anyone on my server

Hi i'm running a tekkit 2.1.1 server, however buildcraft pumps wont pump up water/lava or oil.

Tried with 4 redstone/2 combustion/4 electrical engines....none worked (the engines were going) but the pump chute from the bottom was not deploying?

No errors are generated when i activate pumps etc.

Has anyone had a similar issue?

Engine needs to be oriented to the pump (place the engine SECOND), the engine needs to be pumping, and the pump needs to be above a liquid. Also make sure there is a waterproof pipe coming out the top of the pump.

Also, are you SURE it's a buildcraft pump? There's TWO pumps in tekkit. One is for buildcraft, the other is for industrialcraft. You want the Buiildcraft one. It has a little yellow and black symbol on the side (the industrialcraft one has two small dots on it)

Hi i'm running a tekkit 2.1.1 server, however buildcraft pumps wont pump up water/lava or oil.

Tried with 4 redstone/2 combustion/4 electrical engines....none worked (the engines were going) but the pump chute from the bottom was not deploying?

No errors are generated when i activate pumps etc.

Has anyone had a similar issue?

I have had pumps stop working on occasion, but a server restart has always sorted it for me.

Edit: It is however the reason I stopped using combustion/steam/biofuel engines as I didn't want stuff to blow up due to pumps failing randomly.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the exact same problem with Tekkit. I've tried hosting the server on both my PC and on an actual server but both render the same results. For some reason, if I manage to get the pump to work (by restarting the server numerous times) the oil eventually gets stuck in the pipe and the pump doesn't pump oil anymore.

If I dont restart the server, the pipe on the bottom of the pump doesn't retract at all (Both engines on).

I'm not running any extra mods - Just the 2.1.1 server. I've tried starting off fresh on a new map - Same problem.

I might also mention that the teleport pipes do not work over long distances either (Despite putting ChunkLoading blocks in the Chunks).

Both servers are running Java7.

Also for some reason when I try restarting the server to remedy this situation, chunks go missing and don't reappear.

Anyone have any ideas?

I have the same problem. I've got a new server with default config and no additional plugins.

Pumps didn't work until I restarted the server after placing them. Worked for a while, but I logged out for the night after placing a chunkloader near both the engines and the pump. When I logged back in this morning, the pump wasn't pumping and didn't continue pumping until I restarted the server again.

If you are running PermissionsEX and it's accompanying ModifyWorld plugin, you need to make sure that [buildCraft] and [industrialCraft] have modify world permissions. See my permissions setup below.

groups:

Member:

inheritance:

permissions:

- modifyworld.*

users:

'[buildCraft]':

group:

'[industrialCraft]':

group:

• 4 months later...

This problem is now SOLVED! I had this problem that the pump stopped pumping when it hit obsidian. I destroyed the obsidian and it stopped working. I tryed everything and then I found a solution! If the pump doesn't have the pipe below it go down, put water or lava below the last point it stopped. It will suck the lava/water up then work again!. If there is no pipe out of the pump, put the lava/water right under the pump, it will work the same way. Hope this will solve your problems!