Checking energy output on buildcraft pipe?

Kozar927

Hey guys.  I have never modded minecraft before but I finally got tekkit and its alot to take in all at once.  I am having a blast with computercraft and buildcraft espicially.  I wanted to get familier with everything in creative mode before making a survival so I have been having a blast buildinginsane buildcraft engine blocks.  I have a question.  Is there some sort of display I can set at the end of conductive pipe that will show all the energy flowing through it? Even if it isnt in buildcraft do any of the other tekkit mods have something like this that works with buildcraft stuff because I am lost in the sea of new items added to the game.  Also someone told me there is an engine in the thermal expansion mod that makes buildcraft obsoleate because it makes it way to easy to have insane energy with only one engine making buildcraft loose some charm.. Is this true?  If so how do I remove just that one mod as I dont want anything to be unbalanced for when I go survival with this.  Thanks for reading :)

Edited by Kozar927

hey man, there are engines in thermal expansion which are called dynamo's but there not that much more OP then buildcraft ones but the thermal expansion ones are easier too automate and dont blow up. there are so many mods in tekkit and most are balanced well so dont worry about that just have fun and take all of it in!

Edited by static1234567

well you can generally tell by how many engines you have since they give off a certain amount and a pipe can only send so much power as well so just check the kind of pipe your using for the maxium allowed in and what engines you have and how many

Ahh thats no fun.  Im building a rediculus power grid and I really want to see how much energy its giving off.  Nothing in the game would need this amount of energy it would just be for fun

Ahh thats no fun.  Im building a rediculus power grid and I really want to see how much energy its giving off.  Nothing in the game would need this amount of energy it would just be for fun

Go to the wiki and do the math since all engines have a fixed power output. ;)

Turbine seems to be the only one hard to determine how much they produce but hook up toons of rec and se how much power they store.

For determine on how much stuff flows throu your pipe it should be possible using rednet cable + computer + redstone transport pipe. Since you seem going big I'm counting on that you go for a large storage using Deep Storage Unit's. Since you need to build a filter for DSU storage you can use a redstone transport pipe as a last pipe going into the DSU. Since redstone pipe will emit a redstone signal when something go throu it a computer can count how many times the pipe emit a signal hooking up a rednet cable from the computer to the pipe using the rednet api. http://computercraft.info/wiki/Redstone_%28API%29

Go to the wiki and do the math since all engines have a fixed power output. ;)

Turbine seems to be the only one hard to determine how much they produce but hook up toons of rec and se how much power they store.

For determine on how much stuff flows throu your pipe it should be possible using rednet cable + computer + redstone transport pipe. Since you seem going big I'm counting on that you go for a large storage using Deep Storage Unit's. Since you need to build a filter for DSU storage you can use a redstone transport pipe as a last pipe going into the DSU. Since redstone pipe will emit a redstone signal when something go throu it a computer can count how many times the pipe emit a signal hooking up a rednet cable from the computer to the pipe using the rednet api. http://computercraft.info/wiki/Redstone_%28API%29

Cool thanks

Cool thanks

I forgot to post the color api.

http://computercraft.info/wiki/Colors_%28API%29

Here is an example on how you can count the redstone pipe signal. The number 1 in (rs.testBundledInput("back", 1)  ) is the white colour on the rednet cable. If you use another colour then use the right number shown in the colors api page i posted. "back" are for if you have connected the rednet cable on the backside of the computer. you alost have "top", "bottom", "right" and "left"

a = 0
while true do
  if rs.testBundledInput("back", 1) == true then
    a = a + 1
    print(a)
    while rs.testBundledInput("back", 1) == true do
      sleep(0.01)
    end
  end
  sleep(0.01)

end
Edited by badkruka