Hack Mine - Bukkit protections

awesomebilly

Hello Everyone!

I'm really digging the new Hack Mine mod pack that has been implemented with the tekkit launcher.

I have 1 question for it...

Does anyone know if bukkit plugins would be possible with it? I would like to add factions to this and create huge wars between players :) while protecting my spawn area.

Thank you.

EDIT:

No replies :)

I guess its tooo soon to ask.

It ain't Bukkit compatible, and I can't say anything about the future neither. However, I will be adding basic party controls at some point, and a guild system wouldn't that difficult to add either. Bugs, balance, mobs and bosses are a lot higher priority at this point. SMP is certainly the focus of this mod, and if you have any suggestions (perhaps things Bukkit provides that'd be nice?), I'd love to hear them!

The biggest thing I would like to see with this is something like faction, but not exactly factions. I would make it so there is some sort of npc that the owner has to spawn in with an egg that would allow you to make a guild. To make a guild you would have to be like level 100+ and have 20 diamonds. If the npc allows you to make a guild it gives you the choice of a couple items which spawn in different types of castles (This is why you would need so many diamonds and levels). I would also love to see an option in the server properties that would have the option of choosing which blocks rangers can climb and can't.

I'll try to keep it simple.

SMP usually runs factions, - anti grief. Essentials (Sethome /tp /spawn ETC).. with these 2 mods it will help promote people to actually build. Currently this mod for my server is a 'time killer' people log in for a few hours .. raid.. and go back to tekkit.

1: Teleports, homes, spawn

2: Spawn protections including factions if possible so users can protect their guild areas.

From a server point of view:

I love having the 'simplerestart' plugin (Restart my server every 2 hours) to clear out ram, lag etc.

My server is still spammed with '162' and eventually 'read time out' and users cannot join.

The 162 spam, among other spammy debug things, should have been deactivated with the 0.5 update. It's not out for Technic at the time of this writing, so you might wanna wait to update your server until Technic users get the update as well.

"read time out"? No one else has reported this to me, anything more you can tell me about it? What does the client see when this happens? This may actually be the result of a plethora of bugs that crash the client, the client seeing whatever error they got and the server just noticing they haven't responded for a long time. A lot of bugs are fixed in 0.5, so tell me if it improves at all once you install it.

Simplerestart, eh? There's not gonna be an easy way to do that without making an external program that manages the server for you, at least that' I'm aware of. Does the plugin run the server for you, or is it more or less internal to the server (if you know how it works by any chance)? I'll keep it in mind, considering that H/M only straps on to the memory usage already present in Minecraft.

Teleportin' should already be in Minecraft. Is what you're referring to any different?

I'm assuming sethome is like a personal box of protection sort of deal. I'm not sure hovering around one constant home is how the mod should be played, really, but we'll see what it evolves into. Once waypoints are introduced (soon!), permanent homes may become much more feasible, and I may address it then.

Can you explain to me how the guild/faction system works? Is it something along the lines of protection areas for multiple people, in support of team bases and projects?

Any info you've got is more than appreciated, would love to have people playing on large servers if possible :)

The 162 spam, among other spammy debug things, should have been deactivated with the 0.5 update. It's not out for Technic at the time of this writing, so you might wanna wait to update your server until Technic users get the update as well.

"read time out"? No one else has reported this to me, anything more you can tell me about it? What does the client see when this happens? This may actually be the result of a plethora of bugs that crash the client, the client seeing whatever error they got and the server just noticing they haven't responded for a long time. A lot of bugs are fixed in 0.5, so tell me if it improves at all once you install it.

Simplerestart, eh? There's not gonna be an easy way to do that without making an external program that manages the server for you, at least that' I'm aware of. Does the plugin run the server for you, or is it more or less internal to the server (if you know how it works by any chance)? I'll keep it in mind, considering that H/M only straps on to the memory usage already present in Minecraft.

Teleportin' should already be in Minecraft. Is what you're referring to any different?

I'm assuming sethome is like a personal box of protection sort of deal. I'm not sure hovering around one constant home is how the mod should be played, really, but we'll see what it evolves into. Once waypoints are introduced (soon!), permanent homes may become much more feasible, and I may address it then.

Can you explain to me how the guild/faction system works? Is it something along the lines of protection areas for multiple people, in support of team bases and projects?

Any info you've got is more than appreciated, would love to have people playing on large servers if possible :)

This plugin calls into the server and does frequent response checks. During that, its running a external script on your hosting machine. If the call times out a few times. It forces a shutdown and restart.

And please. Please more inventory room and or a hearthstone to teleport back to your home :D

sincerly,

Hello Everyone!

I'm really digging the new Hack Mine mod pack that has been implemented with the tekkit launcher.

I have 1 question for it...

Does anyone know if bukkit plugins would be possible with it? I would like to add factions to this and create huge wars between players :) while protecting my spawn area.

Thank you.

EDIT:

No replies :)

I guess its tooo soon to ask.

you have a server? whats the ip i would like to join