how to make my tekkit lite server 24/7

cruicky71

Good, depends on what your needs are. How many players are you going to have on your server? Are you banning any items/mods to prevent lag? Do you need automatic backups? How much bandwidth are you going to use? How much disk space will you need? Do you want a server host that sets up your server for you or do you want to set up the server yourself? What kind of control panel do you want? Etc, etc.

I'll give it a try.

Now, there are two ways to make a server which can run 24/7.
You either pay monthly to a server host (there are plenty, I will come to that) or you have a "server" at home running in a room with your internet connection.

Depending on your computer skills and your ability to find out things for yourself (google and such) you MAY try the "home server" approach. However, power and server cost money and you need to invest more time.

I personally would suggest you take the server hosting approcah -> you pay 10 to 20USD (or whatever currency you are on) and mostly everyhing is taken care of.

I do not know whether in these forums there are people advertising their hosting services. However, in minecraftforum.net there are:

See: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum/131-minecraft-server-hosting/

Some of then will surely offer Tekkit (Lite) as hosting option. However, you might need some time to find one that suits your needs.

best regards

Rover

I do not know whether in these forums there are people advertising their hosting services. However, in minecraftforum.net there are:

See: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum/131-minecraft-server-hosting/

Some of then will surely offer Tekkit (Lite) as hosting option. However, you might need some time to find one that suits your needs

Akliz sponsors Technic, I hear they're good.