[1.2.10c] Modbot's Tekkit [Open][30 slots][No-grief][PvE][PvP][DD removed][24/7]

TetraD

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was mainly applying because I don't sleep much and when I have nothing else better to do (which is most of the time) I hang out on the server. I noticed that in the late afternoon and morning (player count is around 10-15 at those times) there are never any staff members on and because of that you have a Ridiculous influx of Greifers and Trolls coming on the server. I went on this Saturday morning and all the talk in the chat was Trolls spamming random crap and testing the hell out of the chat censor and people complaining about 2-3 different random people griefing.

I just figured having something along the lines of a "night watchmen" might do allot of good.

I was mainly applying because I don't sleep much and when I have nothing else better to do (which is most of the time) I hang out on the server. I noticed that in the late afternoon and morning (player count is around 10-15 at those times) there are never any staff members on and because of that you have a Ridiculous influx of Greifers and Trolls coming on the server. I went on this Saturday morning and all the talk in the chat was Trolls spamming random crap and testing the hell out of the chat censor and people complaining about 2-3 different random people griefing.

I just figured having something along the lines of a "night watchmen" might do allot of good.

Night shift is an excellent selling point.. however to remind you i did ask what plugins you know and all you effectively stated was "i know plugins" edit your app and ill consider it.

Edited by TetraD

-ModBot Patch Notes-

- Server Files Reinstalled

- Most Extra Worlds Reset

- Griefprevention updated

- Pex Updated

- Server Shell Updated

- Reserved Slots Removed ( for testing )

- Herobrine Removed

Edited by TetraD

████████
████████
█▒▒▒▒▒▒█
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒░░▒▒░░▒
▒▒▒▓▓▒▒▒
▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒

Edited by TetraD

-ModBot Patch Notes-

- Server Files Reinstalled

- Most Extra Worlds Reset

- Griefprevention updated

- Pex Updated

- Server Shell Updated

- Reserved Slots Removed ( for testing )

- Herobrine Removed

- Server Shell update has been extremely successful our already good server up-time will be greatly improved.

Edited by TetraD

Name:Rand_Al_Thorn

Skype: yes/no (speech interview required)I can reinstall skype...using raidcall right now (server suggestion, lol)

Experience being staff? I have run multiple gaming servers in the past. CS, CS-GO, Hal-Life, Never Winter Nights, WoW, Battlefield 1 & 2 just off the top of my head

Current rank on server? Prodigy

Why do you want to be staff? I like helping people, im around alot and i see a need for night staff ......and I like the Tag MOD better then Prodigy :)

What staff/mod related plugins do you know? Ill be honest in that i am very new to the world of minecraft and this server and plugins/mods it runs are all new to me. But i learn quick (you have seen my place and what ive been able to do with no knowledge of game to start) been in the computer field long enough to know most management programs are fairly simular. Mods are just a matter of research and diving into what they can do.

Edited by Rand_Al_Thorn

hey, eharels here

I know you use this to make money, but could you please make the server bigger? it would be greatly apreciated

The server size is more of a bandwidth issue than anything else, quality over quantity.

-Also to help with the issue we've added a reserved slot system for donators and staff.

although i understand that may not be exactly what your looking for

Edited by TetraD

to fix the creeper issue at spawn and still allow players to use safari nets you can set up a coersion deriver an interdiction matrix and a fortron capacitor, you would need to place a mob killer upgrade in the interdiction matrix and add several size increases. this would kill any hostile mobs in the area regardless of how they got there.

to fix the creeper issue at spawn and still allow players to use safari nets you can set up a coersion deriver an interdiction matrix and a fortron capacitor, you would need to place a mob killer upgrade in the interdiction matrix and add several size increases. this would kill any hostile mobs in the area regardless of how they got there.

A great deal of players find forcefield systems laggy, therefore its unwise to place them in public areas as a consequence. the idea would work but its not a good idea in this instance. Have any others?

Name: subzeroswann9999

Experience being staff? Yes, on several minecraft servers and garrys mod servers

Current rank on server? Elite

Why do you want to be staff? I like helping where I can and I know a lot about the game.

What staff/mod related plugins do you know? Grief prevention, World Edit, and I am good at learning new plugins.

Edited by MrSir

About the mobs at spawn and Re-usable safari nets, you can set up mob grinders from MineFactory Reloaded around the edge of spawn, each grinder kills mobs in a 5x5x5 block in front of the grinders, they can be powered by a creative energy cell and the mob essence can be piped into a void pipe, and drops into a trash can so no one can profit off of the kills, it is a very easy setup since spawn isn't that big. cover panels can be placed to keep spawn looking like it is as well, and the pipes can be hidden, though i think they won't be much of a problem, i am willing to personally set this up in creative mode myself (i'd empty my inventory at my house then come to spawn where i'd get creative then be watched the entire time if needed), or supervise the installation if needed.

Thanks,
_CrimsonEclipse_

About the mobs at spawn and Re-usable safari nets, you can set up mob grinders from MineFactory Reloaded around the edge of spawn, each grinder kills mobs in a 5x5x5 block in front of the grinders, they can be powered by a creative energy cell and the mob essence can be piped into a void pipe, and drops into a trash can so no one can profit off of the kills, it is a very easy setup since spawn isn't that big. cover panels can be placed to keep spawn looking like it is as well, and the pipes can be hidden, though i think they won't be much of a problem, i am willing to personally set this up in creative mode myself (i'd empty my inventory at my house then come to spawn where i'd get creative then be watched the entire time if needed), or supervise the installation if needed.

Thanks,

_CrimsonEclipse_

Im fairly partial to this idea..

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons