Where do you get World Thread for Dimensional Doors?

efflandt

I can confirm this. Found a couple of world threads near my base under what I think is a rift. Dark particle effects abound, and it destroyed some blocks around it. Easier to find in tundra biomes because of the contrast against snow.

I did find a couple of natural rift gates and so far one of them had a chest right away with 9 world threads. Not enough to do much with yet, but I went outside and stashed them before going further.

Apparently dying does not send you to limbo (I died in a lava trap and respawned), it is if those things with the mouths above can see you. I learned that after escaping a tripwire tnt trap and after covering up holes in the floor going back into the room to check out a chest behind iron bars. I got sent to limbo twice before I realized that I had to cover up holes blown in the ceiling in dimensions where those things are. So I have been cautiously exploring and labeling doors with signs, including some that are definite traps. In one case I went through a door into a hallway and various wall blocks were pushing across (reminded me of Indiana Jones), looked to my immediate right and saw tnt, looked at my feet and saw a pressure plate, and ducked back out the door. I found a pair of chests with a tripwire trap, but didn't have a shears with me.

PS: I guess dying can send you to limbo, because I just died from a tnt trap and went to limbo. Maybe when you die in a dimension, if you click Respawn you respawn normally without your stuff, and if you do not click Respawn you get sent to limbo and keep your stuff. But if you start seeing enderman particals in a dimension you need to figure out how those things above can see you, because they can also teleport you to limbo.

I now have 26 world threads (found 19 in one of 2 chests after I sheared the tripwire). I stashed that but during further exploration a triple chest trap blew me into limbo again where I returned to the overworld far away. Not too far to get back with a boat in an MC day, but found another natural dimensional gateway to explore near where I returned from limbo

Edited by efflandt

This is a wild guess. but maybe you could obstruct the rift site with some random blocks and provoke it to break those blocks. I remember some trees growing around my rift site, and they were missing some blocks.

I did find a couple of natural rift gates and so far one of them had a chest right away with 9 world threads. Not enough to do much with yet, but I went outside and stashed them before going further.

Apparently dying does not send you to limbo (I died in a lava trap and respawned), it is if those things with the mouths above can see you. I learned that after escaping a tripwire tnt trap and after covering up holes in the floor going back into the room to check out a chest behind iron bars. I got sent to limbo twice before I realized that I had to cover up holes blown in the ceiling in dimensions where those things are. So I have been cautiously exploring and labeling doors with signs, including some that are definite traps. In one case I went through a door into a hallway and various wall blocks were pushing across (reminded me of Indiana Jones), looked to my immediate right and saw tnt, looked at my feet and saw a pressure plate, and ducked back out the door. I found a pair of chests with a tripwire trap, but didn't have a shears with me.

Rifts with traps in them usually have chests too. But traps tend to blow them up.